1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO friendly URL/ filters

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by chipzakje, Sep 11, 2022.

Hello, I just started building a webshop locally using Woocommerce. I would like from the start a good foundation for SEO. So there a couple factors that I am looking for in an online store:

1. I would like to have SEO friendly URL when selecting an attribute, for example a color. From what I have seen is when you select a color in the category page the link would look like this; “shop.com/paper-bag/color-black?52.html”. But I want to look it like: “shop.com/paper-bag/black”

2. The page title should change when selecting a attribute color on the catogory page. On many website the title same as before selecting an attribute. For this I would like to see that the page title H1 changes when selecting the color “Brown” in the filter from “Paper bags” to “Brown paper bags”

3. As mentioned at feature two that the H1 title changes when selecting the attribute, I would like to change the description. This description would be custom made for the selected filter “Brown paper bag”`

On the first question, I managed halfway to remove /product-category/ from URL. But I didn’t manage to get “/paper-bag/black” as in question 1

A website example that has these features: https://www.woonq.nl/badtextiel/badhanddoek/groen/100-katoen/

Thanks in advance.

chipzakje, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  2. Steven M Henslee

Steven M Henslee Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to open up faceted pages for indexation
    • be selective regarding which ones, don't open up all variations
    • make sure the page content is highly relevant to the term (if the only thing different between pages is a different H1 - probably not good enough)
    • make sure they have inventory
    • make sure there is linked navigation to each you want crawled/indexed
    • make sure the titles are unique
    Lots of moving parts, make sure it is worth the effort. I find often the main page can perform for those longer tail queries if details surrounding those filters is presented on the page.
    Buy Google Reviews | Buy Google Maps Reviews | Buy Social Pack
    Buy Facebook Reviews | 5 Star Facebook Reviews - Buy Social Pack (1)

Steven M Henslee, Apr 5, 2023 IP