1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for SPAs

Discussion in 'SEO' started by iago111, Jan 25, 2022.

Hello,
    I have been focussing a lot on SPAs made with vueJS or reactJS. So I made my homepage with vue.

I know that SEO is a big problem here. What I can do is prerendering the site, that works, I use a webpack plugin for that.
    Then I also added a sitemap (sitemap.xml) also generated by webpack.

When I check the site with site:dev.malvarado.net in google, I don't see anything?? Google doesn't recognize the site at all

Changing the technology is not an option for right now at least. There must be a posibility that this works!?

Thanks, iago

iago111, Jan 25, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi, I couldn't get through to your site - have you got it locked down?

sarahk, Jan 26, 2022 IP
  3. iago111

iago111 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, sorry, it was locked down, there was somehting wrong with the DNS entries.

OK, I finally give in and start with wp!
    I thought I can use these SPA's also for customers, but even if I reach that level, including SEO of course what is really difficult with SPA's,
    there is still the problem that the code is very specific and you need experts in vueJS or reactJS (JS experts are not enough) for maintenance.

So let's start with wp!

iago111, Jan 29, 2022 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe set up some test sites. I'm playing about with NextJs which isn't an SPA but utilises a lot of the same tech.

sarahk, Jan 29, 2022 IP
  5. iago111

iago111 Member

Best Answers:
    The react equivalent of vue's nuxt. I was making a lot of apps with vueJS (for me it's easier to understand than react), then nuxt would be the next step.
    But then things don't work properly, especially during the built process.
    What I was trying to do, was to use an vueJS app and implement prerendering with webpack plugins (vue.config.js) webpack can also generate a sitemap,
    prerendering works but the google search engine doesn't find anything (for 2 weeks now)

Perhaps it makes really sense to start with nextJS!

iago111, Jan 29, 2022 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nuxt is meant to be good. I had a wee play with it but Nextjs won out, but probably only because of the size of the userbase. I'd recommend looking at nuxt again and getting the debugging done.

one frustration with nextjs compared to PHP is the shitty error messages. I've currently got one saying "Error: require() of ES Module" but my limited experience tells me it's nothing to do with any of those words - except "error".

sarahk, Jan 30, 2022 IP
  7. iago111

iago111 Member

Best Answers:
    These frameworks use ES2015 modules that work with import/export and not with require(). I think require was used before and as is still used by node.js...

iago111, Jan 31, 2022 IP