1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for Non English Language Websites (Hindi)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Majaal, Dec 6, 2010.

I have a blog in Hindi : http://fizool.blogspot.com

I mostly write funny poems in Hindi there. I have already done my bit of SEO for the blog like adding it to popular hindi blog aggregators, and targeting some relevant keywords while making posts.

Hindi is not written in Roman. Its rather written in Devanagari Font which looks something like this - ' हिंदी हास्य कविता ' ( read as 'hindi hasya kavita' meaning funny hindi poem ).

I was wondering if I can plan some specific SEO for my blog, while keeping the nature of its language (Hindi) in mind ?

Any suggestions ?

Majaal, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  2. sneharastogi

sneharastogi Peon

Best Answers:
    You should promote your websites on English Keywords as people would Google only English keywords.

sneharastogi, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  3. Majaal

Majaal Member

Best Answers:
    nah, recently people have started using hindi (in Devanagari font) and I can see in google analytics stats that people come to my blog by searching terms like ' हास्य कविता ' (in devanagari); this trend is certainly picking up. so i was wondering if i can plan something specific considering this fact.

Majaal, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  4. poppaippi

poppaippi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure you can...but must must target English also..this will give you an broad field to play on.

"Black Seo Guy "Signing Off"

poppaippi, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  5. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use the hindi symbols as anchor text, for even better results only create your link on websites that use this font.

Giamatti, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  6. alsgroup

alsgroup Member

Best Answers:
    Same. I have a Hindi based News Website and i am worried about to its promotion. Can anyone tell me, how to promote it on Search Engine. You reply would be appreciated.

alsgroup, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  7. teamworkpr

teamworkpr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    use the hindi symbols as anchor text, for even better results only create your link on websites .

teamworkpr, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  8. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Majaal,
    Yes you can target with your mother language. Even i can able to find many chinese and arabic sites run their websites on their mother language. For this purpose google has discovered google translate option which make users or visitors to read the content on their own language. For promotional activity is concerned you can use anchor text in hindi itself. Now a days social media sites like facebook , twitter and many more used to give the translation option to make it readable on their mother language.

aceriker, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  9. tomcash

tomcash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it won't work, you should only use abcdef...etc alphabet no matter what language you use, it will be ok.

tomcash, Jun 10, 2014 IP