1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for new sites: question.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TSquared, Nov 9, 2010.

I heard that if you created a new site, it takes time for it to be ranking. How long would it take to rank a site to first page? I know many would say depends on the competition, but aside from that, what is the approximate time frame people have experienced getting a new site on the first page?

TSquared, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  2. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Guest

Best Answers:
    It fairly depends upon the keyword with which you are trying to get on to the top of the search engine. If you got many competitors for the same keyword, then it becomes hard to reach the top. Apart from that it will take upto 4 to 6 months if SEO works are done fairly well.

Chris Thomas, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  3. tor1870

tor1870 Peon

Best Answers:
    Chris is right, depends on the keyword competition & how fast you can backlink your new site to high PR pages. The faster & more you can create High PR backlinks the sooner your SERP improves.

tor1870, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  4. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. This is what happen to me but unfortunately this lead me further to start my own thread and end up with a question and still waiting for someone to help me

This is the thread -> http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1996827

Thanks.

Elitegeek, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  5. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Guest

Best Answers:
    Its not the faster you get the back links, but the procedures you adopted to get those backlinks. If you use black hat techniques, then one day or other, your site will get banned. So, always try to build links without spamming.

Chris Thomas, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  6. T.J.

T.J. Peon

Best Answers:
    It also depends on the type of site you are refering too. I can get a blogger blog up, indexed and ranked on page on depending on competition around 30-60 days.

Wether or not it's going to stick, or be on the same spot the next month is another quesition. And it's more than just the competing sites. It's also the keyword itself... Some are harder to rank for than others. Addtionally the PR of the sites that are in the top 10 can also make it difficult for you to rank as well.

Now to get an acutaul website up an have it stay up there I would have to agree with Chris Thomas (around 4-6 months and maybe even longer).

You'll have a lot a dancing in the SERP's.. And if you don't know anything about SEO it's enough to make you go CRAZY.

Seeing your site on page one 1 day and then gone the next, can drive you insane...LoL

That's why so many people use article marketing combined with SEO, because they have a tendancy to rank a little easier in some cases, and it's less work than building a site. Just write and article, promote a landing page or affiliate link, get your site to stick and move on to the next one...

I wouldn't say that SEO is a waste. Just don't Get obsessed with it as a lot of marketers do. Make sure to learn or polish all the other area's of your 'game' as well.

After all what good is being on the first page of google, yahoo, and MSN if your not making any sales?

T.J., Nov 9, 2010 IP
  7. pianochris

pianochris Peon

Best Answers:
    How long can a piece of string be? It really depends on competition, your on page and off page SEO, the domain name and it keywords, how old the website is compared to the others in the niche. The list is endless. There used to be a "trick" which went that you get several PR5 and above sites linking inbound to yours before you submit to SE's as many reported that they would get indexed on the first page after 24 hours of submitting their site. Whether this worked or not, it has never happened to me when I tried it so I'm guessing it probably doesn't. But, providing you follow the normal procedures and don't use Black Hat SEO then 4 - 6 months is what you can expect before you start seeing your site on the first couple of pages of Google. Many Black Hat techniques might get you there quicker but chances are your site won't be around for much longer after.

pianochris, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  8. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    sometime Google give way to new site and later drop for some instance but if that happen take advantage of it gather more relevant and good content sites to link to.

Excel 8, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  9. brad12

brad12 Peon

Best Answers:
    it is true it is depends upon u r keyword, how much computation that keyword have. I have also one site I launched this site before one month now this websites on 92 position. this has highest competitor.

brad12, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  10. internetproz

internetproz Peon

Best Answers:
    It always depends on the keywords and the competitiveness of it. But the most average time line for a none competitive keywords is six months to one year

internetproz, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  11. VIBGYORtel

VIBGYORtel Member

Best Answers:
    approx 4 to 6 months, if the keyword are much competitive it's take 4 to 6 months if it's not it may come in 1 to 2 months..

VIBGYORtel, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  12. Socionerd

Socionerd Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know about others, Some blogs I worked on have been up on page 1-2 in 10-15 days also. They keep going up and down - but they surely are indexed. I think whats really important is that you focus on keywords, Meta Tags, Titles and at same time start generating backlinks.

Socionerd, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  13. Enursa

Enursa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i agree with Chris. One thing that you must remember when you try to make first blog.... "never give up". Keep posting and get a lot of backlink as you can.

Enursa, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  14. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In most of the cases, it takes more than a year to stabilize its SERPs, but as you know exceptions are always there, it may take less than that too.

webdev007, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  15. Putnam11

Putnam11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be from a couple of months to a few years. You just can't give up on it, and your hard work will be rewarding.

Putnam11, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  16. mrphantuan

mrphantuan Member

Best Answers:
    I have a new site : http://duhochoaky.edu.vn with 1 month - age .I tried to put it into the top 10 and usually takes how long I was worried for fear takes time

mrphantuan, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  17. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking on the first page is highly depended to the competition of keywords you are working for.For low competition keywords, it takes maybe less than 2 months and for average keywords it usually takes at least 6 months and for competitive keywords, it can take several years. These are estimations and of course it can be varied according to the keywords. But i just wanted to give you an example.

haveseo, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  18. mrphantuan

mrphantuan Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE

mrphantuan, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  19. cyrus te virus

cyrus te virus Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi friends,
    what is web 2.0 sites ?
    anybody who knows about link wheel?

cyrus te virus, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  20. iccadubai

iccadubai Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not time based, we need quality content with relevant meta tags, we need index our pages and relevant back links.

iccadubai, Nov 11, 2010 IP