1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO: Focus on keywords

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mxl, Sep 26, 2013.

Hi Guys,

Being busy and all with the whole SEO market ...what are the most important factors to choose your longtail keywords. High search volume is one of them, a bit of insight of the competition in Adwords, Search results and KEI ...how do you realy choose the best keywords?

Does a keyword need to have a minimum search volume?
    Is there a max search result for a keyword to choose it and score with it?
    And what about the KEI? Important or sidedish?

Looking forward to your replies or step by step working method!

Kind regards,
    Mxl

Mxl, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  2. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the low volume searches can be the most profitable. The only thing I take into account is whether Wikipedia, Amazon etc. is already dominating it. These can be beaten easily but it takes work :)

baldonius, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  3. Mxl

Mxl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let me clearify some things. What i'm trying to say is are there some factors that are important wheter to select a keyword for your website or not. Like a KEI of 0,04, or a search volume between 300-1000, a max of competition, a max of results in google for a certain keyword using the intitle:examplesite.com? And so on.

Mxl, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  4. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends really on what your looking to achieve.
    Also depends if the KW's are going to convert. Eg (figures made up) I'd much rather rank for "snoring cures" 1,000 (exact per month) than "funny pictures of babies" 20,000 (exact per month)

For larger sites, I would tend to focus less on individual KW's, meaning I still do KW research but look at the niche as a whole to see if its possible to dominate it. For thinner sites, you have to look more closely at a handful of KW's and yeh for my main I wouldn't want to focus on anything less than approx 2000 exact per month, backed up with some secondary with decent enough searches.

Always check competition levels, ie look at the sites occupying the top spots and work out if it's going to be financially viable to outrank them, if organic search is going to be your traffic source.

Long tail traffic will more often than not happen naturally.

jamesbrands, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  5. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are choosing keywords, which have less than 1000 searches/month, is not too much profitable according to your time and energy you spend...

alex06295, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  6. Mxl

Mxl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do you select?

1. You choose the longtail keywords for your website.
    2. Do you look at a certain amount of search volume, competition in Adwords?
    3. Do you lookup the intitle: search results in Google and by which results (or maby by using KEI) you select them on profit?

These are the things i'd like to know!

Mxl, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  7. John325

John325 Member

Best Answers:
    You need to choose those keywords which have more search volume and low competition. Long tail keywords are good but you will not get sufficient amount of visitors, as the search volume of long tail keywords are very less.

John325, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  8. Mxl

Mxl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So, what's the strategy? Because there are a variety of opionions about this!
    And how do you decide to go on a good keyword?? How much search volume do we talk about, is the competition in Adwords that important and what about the KEI?

Numbers you guys!!

Mxl, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  9. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    f****k keywords, just your common sense and think of the keyword which people can use to find your business. Just focus on marketing your website via legit marketing techniques, I am sure you won't need to search for long tail or short tail keywords. Even when you would be writing the content for your website you'll automatically be including long tail keywords in your content.

khemraj, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  10. Mxl

Mxl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm talking about visitors as much as converting visitors!
    Anyone?

Mxl, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  11. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a must. You can dominate 1st place in Google for a really small keyword that sell... For example, quality seo services for wordpress blogs (I just wrote it now, I didn't investigate it), but I just give you an example!

This is a longtail keyword and it should be LOW competition and not so many visitors... But it sells... WHY? Because people are ready to buy such services if they are really looking for a way to do SEO for their WORDPRESS blogs!

Just an example... Good luck! :)

patco, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  12. Mxl

Mxl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for posting ...the only thing is ...nobody is really giving that much info about the things i talk about in my post??!

Mxl, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  13. Kishan Patel

Kishan Patel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I always use google ad word, It is always helps me for find best keywords. I also use my own idea and some time success in it.....

Kishan Patel, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  14. Mxl

Mxl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So, there are not really a clear method to find the best keywords but your own interpretation?
    Because the answers on this topic have a wide range...

Mxl, Sep 30, 2013 IP