1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO - Feeling Fed Up!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ghome1971, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    I have fixed broken links on my site.

My marketing strategy is more comprehensive than my initial post, I just wanted to give you an idea what I am doing. A more detailed list includes:
    • On site SEO (H tags, spelling, titles, alt, keywords, meta)
    • Regular directory submission including paid for high quality shopping sites
    • Link exchanging
    • Keyword Analysis
    • Blog commenting with anchor text link where possible
    • Blog posting
    • Facebook post
    • twitter Tweets
    • Article submission (not done that often but done to a high quality)
    • Social Bookmarketing
    • Bi weekly email newsletters
    • Xenu broken link checks
    • Google product feed
    • Google +1 Business page
    • Forum posting with signature
    • Forum posting
    • Google Analytics
    • Webmaster tool including regular sitemap updating
    • Classified Ad posting (not sure if this is effective)
    • Press releases emailed
    • You Tube videos (only just started)
    • Google Places
    • Personal Profiles
    • Penalty checker
    • Affiliate (will discontinue this as costing too much in commission)
    •

Anything I have missed! RSS?

ghome1971, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  2. mike12345678

mike12345678 Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion to you is :-

1- Get a permanent redirect to your site (Which you do not have right now !)
    2- Remove broken links from your site.
    3- Increase your social media presence.
    4- Get some good quality niche backlinks and don't stop this process.
    5- Keep an eye on the anchor text used while backlinking.

mike12345678, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  3. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    what is "a permanent redirect to site"?

4. salinajohnson

salinajohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I have checked your website content is sufficient . can you visit a website so you can analysis your website for free, i mean i am working for a company ,is seo based so we can provide you full report for free.
    So you can improve in right way . answer me. Pm me

salinajohnson, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  5. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:

Your keyword meta tag contains very generic words such as cool, designer, kids, clothes, t-shirts, clothing, and dresses. Google doesn't take any notice of this tag but my point is that if these are the words you have targeted its going to be very difficult to rank for them.
    You do mention designer kids clothes and designer baby clothes and I think you really need to decide what your keywords are going to be and focus on them.
    Looking at the content of your page, the most commonly used two word phrase is "view full" followed by "full range". For three word phrases the most used is "view full range".
    Basically what I am saying is that you could review what you really want to tell people about your products and change your content to
    reflect that.
    Your title is "Designer Kids Clothes | Funky Baby Clothes" which would go some way to explaining why you are ranking ok for those terms but if you want to rank for
    something else then your main keywords should be in your title.
    Once you have decided what your target keywords are, you can build links using them as anchor text.

turkishhomes, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  6. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, it's very helpful. So should I be including "View All Kids T-Shirt" or "View All designer Baby Clothes" etc and meta include "cool baby clothes" rather than cool, baby clothes etc

7. ReputationSEO

ReputationSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Few pointers about your site:

First off the meta description is too long. Make it short and snappy.

Secondly, your meta keywords don't even relate to the keywords you've mentioned. You should cut some of the useless ones out like 'cool' and 'girls' etc. and just have a few good search terms, for example 'kids designer clothing'.

You're also not making the most of alt tags on your images. I can spot at least 20 not being used. And your text to html ration is on the border of being not good. You need some more fresh content.

Have you got analytics setup on site also - because i can't pick it up. You could also take advantage of an RSS feed, which i also can't seem to see.

These are some easy fixes - if you need anymore help don't hesitate to private message me :)

ReputationSEO, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  8. lapseo

lapseo Member

Best Answers:
    great advice right here :)

lapseo, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  9. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    great tips - thanks

I have taken my eye off the ball when it comes to meta information. I will start rewriting tags and keywords.

Content does need to be varied more and I am constantly trying to rewrite it but will focus more effort here.

Image alt tags have also been neglected. I used to give the images keyword name such as cool-baby-clothes.jpg but due to the quantity of images I was lost focus on this. I can rework some of my main 'landing' pages to include more focused image names.

I have Google analytics and used it all the time for analysis of the sites performance

10. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, all these things can help when it comes to ranking better, especially after Panda. The most important factor I hink is content quality though, as that's what Panda is all about. But basic on-page and off-page SEO is always important.

edvvardbrian, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  11. ghome1971

ghome1971 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the tips. I have plenty to focus on which does help!

ghome1971, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  12. jashlok

jashlok Peon

Best Answers:
    All of activities is ok....but content should be not update regularly at less time interval. So plz maintain upto min 3 months the unique web content and post unique articles of targeted keywords. I think u got the ranking.

jashlok, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  13. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    The meta keyword tag doesn't matter for Google because they don't use it any more, but some other search engines do and you may as well have it as not.
    The value of it here has been that others have been able to see it and comment on the words that you are targeting.
    Regarding the meta description, again Google doesn't use it for search ranking purposes, but it is important because it is what they will display on searches - so that if it is well written it will encourage browsers to visit your site.
    And in answer to your question about using including "View All Kids T-Shirt" or "View All designer Baby Clothes" yes that is the way to go, but that still needs some attention in terms of the "view all". As said, Google doesn't look at the meta tag for keywords, it looks at the text used on your page and analyzes for itself what the keywords are. It wants the most used words to indicate what your site is about, and "view all" isn't telling it the right thing about what you are offering when it is your most common two word phrase.

turkishhomes, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  14. Milan Milon

Milan Milon Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Guys, I show your website, You have need of website on-page optimization services and link building.

Milan Milon, Feb 18, 2012 IP