1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO experts, gods, messiahs, pros, Hummingbird safe...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MQSS, Jun 1, 2015.

What happened? There are more and more self proclaimed SEO experts on the web and less and less of them know what they are doing.

This is a question for all SEO experts here. Why are you in the SEO business? Easy money? Is it something that makes you fulfilled?

And here's another question. Why are you selling your crap? Why aren't you ranking and banking with your own sites? Is it so hard to spend $1000 on content and do some work on your own?

I hate the fact that 90% of SEO experts haven't ranked anything on their own. Nothing. Why losing nerves with clients and getting paid only when you actually work? Isn't the point of SEO to make something on your own and bank from it on long term on auto-pilot? I guess it's easier to sell high PR super duper Hummingbird proof, ebola proof, Penguin & Panda proof blog comment backlinks?

For real, give me an explanation. Thanks.

MQSS, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Short answer is I prefer to be a consultant. I stuck my site on page 2 about 6 years ago for the term SEO Services. As I am only one guy I spent all day fielding phone calls and nothing got done.

Those folks are dangerous and do not know what they are doing in the first place. This board was very much forward thinking back in the day but most of the other pros like Dan.... passed away and folks like canonical got sick of telling people the same thing every day.

Its funny. I can explain in 3rd grade vernacular how to do with 5 links what people around here try to do with 5000 and they still can't listen or do it for that matter.

I guess its hard for people to form sentences and send friendly emails to folks.
    I stuck around firstly out of loyalty as I make good cash here but I largely stick to retarded wordpress sorta work these days since not even the clients that require seo understand what I am telling them no matter how much I dumb it down for them.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 1, 2015 IP
  3. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice things,..

meethi jain, Jun 6, 2015 IP
  4. laurentsabbah

laurentsabbah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most people selling SEO services cannot actually rank for SEO. I've been doing SEO for the past 10 years, literally 10 years, and I think I sold my service a total of maybe 3-4 times and only to close friends/acquaintances. Anyone who's truly good at SEO and understand the powers of it, isn't selling his secrets in a $9 ebook or offering to rank you for $49 a month, it just doesn't work like that. The guys who do manage to rank you while spamming lots of bs links and get lucky or mostly target low competition industries/keywords/areas get lucky for a certain amount of time and a few months later their client's websites drop to page 20+...

SEO is not a business, it's a part of a business. The real people doing SEO are the ones running companies/businesses. Good SEO is like having good customer service, it's just something you need in today's world if you plan on being online.

laurentsabbah, Jun 9, 2015 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny that just recently I wrote something about how to spot fake SEO experts/agencies and since then I've seen this discussion going around in several forums...turns out that there is an alarming number of people who can still be easily conned with big words and fancy promises...I've found that its actually pretty easy to seed the good from the bad by just some simple observations:

- if it seems cheap prepare for cheap quality and cheap results. So cheap that you will probably be penalized
    - if it a large bundle you don't want it - forget about the 1000 link submissions and 500 blog posts you can buy for peanuts
    - if you are promised fast results then prepare for some Black Hat SEO that will probably deliver but in the long-term will most probably get caught up by the SE algorithms

And the simplest of all - simply ask your SEO "expert" what methods they intend to use to bring you results and what is their long-term strategy. If you get an answer that this is "a company secret" or "they know someone at Google" - run away. A big misconception is that SEO people zealously keep their secrets. In reality there isn't a secret you can't find online. When you pay for SEO services you are not paying to get insights from the kitchen, you are paying for EXPERIENCE. So any reputable SEO expert should have no problem sharing the basics of what they intend to do. If they are too secretive this means they got something to hide... ;)

P.S. As for SEO services that don't rank for their own search terms, you are indeed correct that this is a sign that they are probably not that good to begin with. Though ranking on 1st page for your Terms does not necessarily mean the opposite. Just a couple of days ago we had a partnership request from one such company which looked good at first glance and was ranked on 1st page for a few good keywords. Digging deeper though we have found some suspicious reviews about them and some facts just didn't add up. I did try to ask them about how they perform the service they charge for (it was not a small amount too) and I got the "industry secrets" reply from them. Oh well, good luck with your secrets then, you crazy gurus :D

Rado_ch, Jun 9, 2015 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    heh, thats funny stuff. You made my morning a bit more amusing.

Nigel Lew, Jun 9, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  7. Kelly Richardson

Kelly Richardson Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you guys!
    Those people claiming to be seo eperts or selling links in bulk almost frauding people with promising good results. They can't promise anything. A real seo would do his best and so take payment accordingly to keywords ranked or amount of traffic brought. All others services just useless. For white seo ofc.
    If you are going full blackhat like making doorways on hacked sites or parasiting on web2.0 services then yeah - you can just get traffic for a time being.
    But those who try to sell their services like web2.0 or forums high pr profile registration just do monkeys work imlying that it will be effective. If those ppl could get ranked they would just do their moneysite.

Kelly Richardson, Jul 1, 2015 IP