1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by MattUK, Feb 24, 2005.

A little while ago I bought an SEO orientated domain. www.seo-service.biz I inteded to create some kind of resource site with links to SEO tools and resources.

However as with most of my projects I've realsied that I'm almost never goung to get around to doing this :rolleyes:

I wanted to ask if this domain name would actually be worth much? SEO Service is/was the most searched for SEO keyword on Overture. Though beacuse it's a .biz I guess this would detract from it's value.

I'd probably hang onto it if it wasn't worth much as I may get around to building somthing worthwhile on the domain someday.

What do you guys think?

MattUK, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say, you should consider making an SEO tutorial there and try to rank top 10, then put adsense there, you might get a good revenue.

Tuning, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  3. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree and somthing along those lines was the original plan. I guess I'll put it at #98,745 on the to-do list!

MattUK, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  4. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both the biz TLD, and hyphen degrade the value, seoservice.com might have been good.

That said, this comes from a person who owns the domain webmasterbrain.com, hardly a very attractive combination of words.

nullbit, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  5. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh, but you're forgetting the branding, there's not many SEO'rs who haven't heard of webmasterbrain, though I'll make you an offer if you're looking to get rid!

MattUK, Feb 25, 2005 IP
  6. ZachH

ZachH Peon

Best Answers:
    It is worth something, but not a lot. I agree with nullbit the hyphen and .biz are a problem. Still I would try to get around $1000 for it.

ZachH, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  7. Monsieur

Monsieur Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but that appraisal seems way too high to me.
    I'ld say reg fee and wouldn't even bother looking at it if I'd found it in some droplist or so...

Hyphen + Biz + 2Terms that you could get easily substitute (seo-help, etc.) => never ever $1000!

Monsieur, Mar 13, 2005 IP