1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Company FirstFound.co.uk

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jimbob1208, Mar 11, 2008.

1. alan-57

alan-57 Peon

Best Answers:
    I first came across First Found in January 2012. At that time I was looking for SEO to improve my web site that was listed on the first page of Google Places and regularly on page one or two. Their sales staff made all the usual promises so I signed up for the year.Initially being rated as No 5 on Google following First Found managing to decrease my ranking to No9 I tried to contact my dedicated technician who could not be contacted. Following a letter of complaint a new technician was assigned who hasn’t done any better.So with my latest report ranking my site at No7 I have decided to cut my losses cancel my contract early to prevent my site dropping any lower. By cancelling my contract early they are insisting on my paying the remaining two months of the contract apparently not bothered about their poor performance.I’m in process of taking legal advise on retrieving the funds paid and their failure to deliver.So personally I would not touch First Found with a barge pole.

alan-57, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  2. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    do not know then and have never used them - but!

i can tell you they are a trading arm of Leven Consultants Ltd (this from their website). Leven Consultants look credit worthy if they wanted to be my customer ( ie they have a positive net worth). As a guess I would put their total turnover at between £450k and £700k - so small but stable. They have been going since 1999, so I would assume have some steady business by now.

Not quite the answer you wanted - but it gives some confidence they are not just a man in a shed with a website!

Elfen Lied, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  3. alan-57

alan-57 Peon

Best Answers:
    HiI would not like to be linked with anonymous persons listing details on forums etc. So Just to clarify I’m Alan Beattie from Casper Entertainment Account No CAS00049 Contract No 20972.I had written to First Found in August to express my concerns with the poor performance and my inability to contact the technician. I had been assigned a new technician however since my site is still at a lower ranking than when the contract commenced that is why I cancelled my contract.I should add that I’m not impressed in the way your accounts department has hounded for the remaining two months payment, for which a cheque is now in the post.

alan-57, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  4. FirstFound

FirstFound Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alan,

Thanks for your comments about our service. I’ve referred this to your consultant who should have contacted you to discuss this further.

Looking over your account, there have been positive results of our SEO service.

In the interests of fairness, we’d like to mention that while the single key phrase ranking you refer to hasn’t improved the way we’d like, your consultant has ensured that your site’s positioning has improved for a number of other traffic-driving terms.

If you’d like to discuss this with us further, I’ll be happy to arrange a call with one of our SEO team managers. Just drop me a line on communications (AT) firstfound.co.uk and let me know when would be a convenient time for you.

We take complaints like this very seriously, and would like to ensure that you don’t leave our service under a cloud.

Elfen Lied,

Thanks for your positive comments about our net worth. I’m not sure it answers Alan’s questions at all, but it’s nice to see you’ve taken the time to read our website.

Andrew.

FirstFound, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  5. Mr Watson

Mr Watson Peon

Best Answers:
    I am waiting for a call in two days time from First Found but you people have put me off them! the salesman was very pushy which made me think that if they had 9000 clients and over 100 employees why are they so desperate it didn't add up. The problem with this line of work: you can not assess what they are doing as it is not that kind of job. For all we know they are watching Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer at the pub. Sadly as Lawyers many consultants are out for money and there is nothing wrong with that but to lie and when they fail to deliver it is we who foot the costs

Mr Watson, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  6. Mr Watson

Mr Watson Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that how you optimize your site is to give it as many links as possible example: video sharing networks not forgetting to put in your website domain name that is all they do and besides you end up doing most of the work for them so you might as well do it your self. Go on face book, You tube just look up video sharing sites and join the lot and mention your website and you will get good ranking

Mr Watson, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  7. FirstFound

FirstFound Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mr Watson,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that some of the comments on this thread (which we’ve already noted aren’t all particularly accurate) have dissuaded you from using our services.

If you’d like to drop me an email () with the name of the sales person you spoke to, I’ll make sure they receive additional training on their attitude. Pushy isn’t what we aim for when we’re talking to potential customers.

I would like to clear a few things up with you. We aren’t a small, fly-by-night organisation and we certainly aren’t watching Jeremy Kyle at the pub. We’ve been in the SEO industry for over a decade now, and have worked with tens of thousands of businesses. Weemploy 130 people, including search engine experts, pay per click campaign managers, website developers and designers. Our office address is on our website, and we’re happy for clients to come in for meetings, where they’ll see that we handle ourselves in a very professional manner at all times.

Also, I’m not aware of any search engine consultancy in the UK who base their entire strategy around mentioning your website on video sharing sites. It’s not a widely recognised or indeed particularly effective way of getting good rankings, and not something that FirstFound offer.

I hope this clears up some of the points you raise, and would like to wish you the best of luck in the future. If you change your mind about working with us, we’re only a call away.

Andrew.

FirstFound, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  8. DigitalRobot

DigitalRobot Peon

Best Answers:
    Seeing though Andrew from First Found has taken over this thread, I would like to ask him to explain to me why you use dirty back linking techniques to brainwash naive people into believing that they can achieve "top ranking - on the first or second page of google search results".

Previous and current First Found customers can (and should) register a free account at: Monitorbacklinks.com and Ahrefs.com to check your back-links. This will show you where First Found has been throwing your website to achieve results.

(for the monitorbacklinks website, just register under any old unused email address and click free trial)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    DigitalRobot, May 18, 2014 IP