1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seo Cms

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kalius, Oct 8, 2005.

1. kalius

kalius Peon

Best Answers:
    My priorities for a SEO CMS:

1) SE friendly urls: Not necesaryly www. mysite.com/all-my-spammy-keywords-here but mor eline www. mysite.com /pageuniqueidentifier/(my custom keyword/field/etc)

2) Can define meta data for anything I want, not use the same metadata for all the site. Not just meta description and keywords, but robots=(for custom indexing), for company requirement (copyright, author) or academic purposes.

3) Each content piece has one and only one unique url, I don't think any CMS right now supports this.

4) correctly handles redirects (301,302,404)
    5) integrated stats, I want to know what search engine the visitor came from, what page it was and what was the query string used.

Other things i'll like:

Users can rate content, printable version, complete customizable html, spell checker, front-end editing, unlimited nested categories, unlimited categories for each article, search engine

What would be your requirements?

kalius, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I know keep going on about this, but I'm 90% sure that there are WordPress plugins for all of the requirements you mentioned above...

SEbasic, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  3. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would love to see a plugin that takes care of all the meta data:cool:

Googles76, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you can hack existing plugins for the keyword data. (Technorati tags plugins for example...)

For the description, you can use the excerpt box and output that content in the description tags...

I would have thought it's a straight forward thing to do (I can have a play and post some code if you like)...

In terms of all the other meta stuff, That would be a *little* more tricky, although I'm sure you could do it with the custom fields build into WP.

SEbasic, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  5. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Googles76, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Has anyone see a tutorial on writing a word press plugin?

sarahk, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    SEbasic, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  8. webxsolution

webxsolution Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree you, we been have confronted with the same issues and haven’t been able to find any solution. So we have recently developed a plug-in that rewrites the .php query into normal .html URL.

The Mambo rewriter also provides the advantage of customising the .html URL into a chosen keyword name; therefore it provides an essential tool for (SEO) Search Engine Optimisation.

The Mambo URL rewriter is written in conjunction with ISAPI_Rewrite and therefore can only run on a supporting windows based server. ISAPI_Rewrite is a powerful URL manipulation engine based on regular expressions. It acts mostly like Apache's mod_Rewrite, but is designed specifically for Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS).S

If you are interested in this plug-in please visit the hyperlink below:-

http://www.webxsolution.com/MamboURLrewriter-SEO.htm

webxsolution, Apr 24, 2006 IP
  9. Silkjaer

Silkjaer Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress :)

Silkjaer, Apr 25, 2006 IP