1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Chat vs. DP

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by driven, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Now the tools support you.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/memberlist.php

Hodgedup, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They have it set up now so that you can rep someone as many times in a row as you want :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  3. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I just wasted like 30 minutes reading this entire thread. I post almost exclusively over at SC but still read the stuff here.
    I have to point out that Mike, you have almost 8k posts... whats that say ;)
    I am a bit late on this thread but oh well. I still wanna give my 2 bits. Most of the agreeing things that you guys are talking about aren't posts, they are rep comments. This REALLY cuts down on the one or two word posts and one line jokes that clog up threads here (IMO). Like RMC said, I read a page of posts here in a minute, at SC, I have to digest the info (usually, there are always going to be bad threads). From what I saw in this thread you had some people saying SC was too stuffy, all business, and some other people saying that its all just agreeing and a big collective love fest. I would have to say I would lean more towards the too stuffy side, but that's what the general chat forum is for, and its been a lot more active lately. As EarlPearl said, I think both forums serve their purpose but personally I find myself over there more often than I do over here. No doubt though, DP has more members and usually more activity, SC can go through dry spells where the only threads active are "Why did my site fall out of the rankings" etc. That rarely if ever happens here. Oh, and I may get flamed for this, but I actually like the karate belts, rep points etc. Just adds a bit of entertainment/competition.

WeRASkitzzo, Oct 28, 2005 IP
    Hodgedup and aeiouy like this.
  4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Sarcasm is hard to portray on screen huh... ;)

Anyway, the only point I was trying to make is that this thread should die - they are different forums for dufferent purposes...

:|

SEbasic, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  5. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there should be any reason for you to get flamed for those comments, that's what you prefer.

Everyone has different tastes and a lot of people here are members there, too, so it'd kind of by hypocritical to flame you for your comments.

Hodgedup, Oct 28, 2005 IP
    WeRASkitzzo likes this.
  6. WeRASkitzzo

WeRASkitzzo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can comment as many times as you want, but you can still only give rep points every so often (I forget the actual numbers).

WeRASkitzzo, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  7. rmccarley

rmccarley Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually not even that if you are out of rep for the day.

rmccarley, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  8. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    sebasic I was jsut joking around mimicing posters on the other forum

ferret77, Oct 28, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I guess what is important is that people can compliment each others even more. There wasn't enough male bonding already. WOOHOOOO Now I can go thru all my buddies post and express my true feelings all day long.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :D

Blogmaster, Oct 28, 2005 IP