1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Challenge

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Help Desk, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the problems was that there was no motivation to work on this. Charity is a noble ideal, but unless you have to the potential of earning money, the motivation is rarely there.

Help Desk, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  2. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which is fair enough isn't it Bling.

Christmas

I still like the idea and will look more closely into the christmas thing as a sub-domain on our homeless site.

We have the motivation as it is a potential money raiser / awareness raiser.

Will come back though when it's ready (don't have time at present) and hit everyone up for links / tech advice / etc.

Another Revenue- Sharing Project

The idea of pooling the strength of contributing members and dividing the wealth amongst the contributors is I think still a very good idea.

This time I suggest you start right from the get go by putting a project leader in place (who started this thread? Bling?)... and start small. Then build on it. Rather than all getting motivated in different directions.

Dominic, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  3. Dirkjan

Dirkjan The Dutch SEO Guy

Best Answers:
    well this thread is going way too fast for me. still if I can do anything for you guys as dutchman, I would like to participate. But please send me a PM or something with some instructions as anchor texts etcetera as I am probably not able to keep on reading all the posts that are happening here.

Dirkjan, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  4. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    There's too much here to read. If someone wants links or content then please let me know. I'll make a comittment to have an article written (on anything :D ) or links from three different sites up within 7 days of the request.

mnemtsas, Nov 4, 2004 IP
  5. Dominic

Best Answers:
    Thanks ppl will be in touch.

Dominic, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  6. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this thing still on on what??

I just registered at http://www.christmas-search.com as payout ... if you guys are still doing this let me know.

BTW ... this project needs a leader to co-ord things if its going to work.

payoutwindow, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  7. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've scoured the past 15 or so pages and see nothing has really been achieved. You need to appoint a Manager (Thinkbling) who can delegate tasks.

I'd suggest someone takes on content for a specific area - i.e. Christmas Cards they are given 1 week to produce this content and then send it to the Manager for publishing on the site.

Someone needs to come forward with designs for the site and logo also.

A registered Charity needs to be agreed (homeless.org as mentioned before is good) and I'd suggest Paypal and Adsense be used as Revenue sources.

I see people have registered other domains also, which is complicated now as people can't contribute to all the sites. I'd recommend sticking with one site and redirects to that site from all others.

Hope this helps, it was a great idea to start off with...

I see people are interested in this still. Instead of suggesting ideas (it gets to complicated and the thread is getting longer), just do the work and send it to Thinkbling (hope you don't mind suggesting you as the primary contact).

misohoni, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  8. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    Its too late to make any real impact for Xmas now. This was a good idea, but poorly implemeted.

Ofcourse there will be Xmas next year and other Holidays too.

payoutwindow, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  9. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh dear. Well, for those of you who have domain names already bought, sorry to hear you've wasted your money.

Perhaps you could use Thinkblings Amazon script for Xmas gifts and any Affiliate Revenue earned, be donated to Charity...just an idea.

misohoni, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  10. ^DevelopAll

^DevelopAll Peon

Best Answers:
    so who is in charge and whats the time frame?

^DevelopAll, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  11. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its safe to say that this project flopped.

payoutwindow, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  12. Dominic

Best Answers:
    I've started a new thread to kick off the campaign, this is still happening - targeting 'Christmas' aiming for #1 before christmas 2005, all money to charities that help the homeless on Christmas Day.

Please help out - see: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=5614

Dominic, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  13. Inkman12

Inkman12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I love it!...i have alwyas thought what a room (cyberspace) full of SEO chaps could pull of....i would be very interested in getting a crack team of seo experts and rolling out projects...and splitting the pot...just like Jim clarke the netscape guy..who pulled together a team of programmers and made millions...i would love to build a team of programmers and designers and seo experts and entrepreneurs who could build and market website fast and effectively....with huge turnover of money...i think this could be done and i am willing to step forward to help with the money and business side of things here!

Inkman12, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  14. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reviving an almost 5 year old thread will get you cracked! :eek:

debunked, Jun 9, 2009 IP