1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Challenge: A minimalist homepage with almost zero copy

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Abu Dhabi, Nov 22, 2010.

Hi there. Would really appreciate some advice here from those knowledgeable in SEO.

The homepage on this website has almost no copy. http://www.billingslong.com.au/

The client is targeting key search term Shopfitters + either Melbourne or Sydney or Brisbane.

I'm now building backlinks for this site but is there anything else I can do to overcome the challenge of so few keywords on this homepage?

Has anyone else faced a similar challenge?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Abu Dhabi, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  2. BB-OM

BB-OM Member

Best Answers:
    May be you can concentrate optimizing for the inner sections linked to the home-page. What you can also do for the homepage is that add some text on each of the three sections which only appear on mouse hover. You can use Jquery for the same. By doing this, you'll be able to maintain the clean look and feel of the site and also adding some related content on the page which not only will be user friendly, but also search engine friendly. Post which you can have relevant meta tags on the homepage.
    1 thing that I would like to suggest you is url-rewriting for the sub-sections.
    Hope it help you.

BB-OM, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  3. Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks very much for your advice. Appreciate that! So, search engine spiders can read and index words that only appear in a Jquery mouse over?

Abu Dhabi, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  4. BB-OM

BB-OM Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they surely can... :)

BB-OM, Nov 23, 2010 IP
    Abu Dhabi likes this.