1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO article Rant and advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wordsmith, Jul 21, 2007.

Hello all

I have been a member of this forum for many a year and read all post's with interest. I have now got to the stage where I would like make some comments regarding SEO articles and related subjects as I think it's all getting out of hand.

I myself advertised for writers to write 1000 word articles not long back and here is the result of that advert.

26 writers applied and were given the instructions of the job.

18 actually agreed to do the work and all were give an article to write with an agreed 48 hour deadline.

12 disappeared and never even answered my mails

6 writers were left out of which 2 said they were too busy to continue and 2 took 8 days to get their article in which were plagiarized.

Of the original 26 writers only 2 completed their article as agreed and one of them had not inserted the stated keywords.

That left 1 writer that did the job out of 26 writers!
    ----------
    This I guess is a kind of 'friendly advice' post to those wishing to order articles.

Firstly it does take certain skills to write correct seo articles. It is not just a matter of writing good content. Google in particular have new algorithms in place and even then they are changing continually. This information has to be correlated and considered when writing. I can tell you guys that ANY article that is duplicated or sold twice will not be considered. It’s a myth to think that free article site are healthy for your indexing, quite the opposite. It’s a myth to think that just good content is good for your indexing when clearly it's not.

Good SEO writers will be on top of the current trends in particular Google. It's no longer acceptable to simply 'keyword stuff' articles. Google look for certain patterns and if they are not in place then you will be spat out.
    I know you will think I have an agenda as my company is an seo writing company but I am sure that all the good seo writers in this forum and by that I mean people who write for a living, absolutely cringe at some of the postings in here. Nobody denies that there are lots of excellent writer's but the very point of 'articles for the web' means you have to be an excellent SEO writer. There is a difference.

Some points you should consider....

You do not get something for nothing. Be very aware of what you will receive from 1 cent a word offers.
    It’s very easy to take existing articles and re-arrange if you see what I mean
    Content is not just the answer
    Never take articles that are being sold multiple times unless it’s simply for content and not seo purposes
    You will seriously damage your efforts to get indexed by Google and other search engines by placing badly written content on your site.

Ok the moral of this rant............
    Please do not be fooled into thinking that getting cheap articles will answer your prayers. Do your homework and ask the questions. Ask the writer how he is presenting your article. Be aware of the pitfalls of correct SEO work

I am certain good writers here will identify with everything I have pinpointed. Good SEO writers do not write for 1 cent a word.

Hope this helps

JohnT

Wordsmith, Jul 21, 2007 IP
    Analyst likes this.
  2. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting points and I fully agree with you. I have work with alot of the wirters so I know what your taking about. Good Rant!

FOX LORE, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  3. Kevster

Kevster Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure,I'm not one of those..he,he..

True,Quality is the best policy better not close any deal if you can't spin the wheel.

Kevster, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  4. Service4pay

Service4pay Banned

Best Answers:
    If you need SEO articles to be written,please contact me.
    I can provide you with high quality SEO articles:)

Service4pay, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  5. jyoti-vats

jyoti-vats Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to read your post wordsmith. I hope no person will get the same feeling for me. I will work very hard. thanks :)

jyoti-vats, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  6. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking about using their service as well. thanks for pointing out some part i have to look at and be aware of. seem like there are still many good seo writers in DP forums anyway just need to screen off abit. nice rant.

tradeya, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  7. deano6410

deano6410 Guest

Best Answers:
    The moral of this story is that people are generally useless :p

deano6410, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  8. KeithCash

KeithCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great post enjoyed.

How much were you paying for this article

Cheers

KeithCash, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  9. deano6410

deano6410 Guest

Best Answers:
    deano6410, Jul 23, 2007 IP
  10. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    100% agreed

But most people don't understand this points .....

w3bmaster, Jul 23, 2007 IP