1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO - Article Marketing - Google Knol

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ganceann, Dec 16, 2007.

As people will have read about google knol (or googlepedia), there are many questions raised over how this could impact overall SEO and in particular, relating to article marketing.

With google knol, it will effectively determine authority sites or authority authors based on community ratings for contributions.

Most article sites have various categories and hard to become an authority on any one topic. Google knol would not only be competing against answers/about/wikipedia, but would be directly competing against article sites.

If google use the knol site as the authority on any given topic, how will SEO be impacted for article marketing?

Ganceann, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  2. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    No doubt they will use Nofollow and just tie up another spot in the top 10 like Wikipedia do now.

sweetfunny, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  3. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I was meaning more from the point of the 'knol' becoming an authority for each topic and being counted as the main source - so any articles that had the same or similar content would simply be regelated down the serps or counted as duplicate content etc.

Yes, I can see that the knol would likely become a very hard thing to displace for many search terms... so it really doesn't just affect articles, but ALL sites in that sense.

Ganceann, Dec 16, 2007 IP
  4. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    That's true, if your content was placed on Knol you would quickly find yourself being outranked.

But considering Knol will be running Adsense, it's against the TOS to run it on Copyright material i believe so you could get it removed. The best idea if you publish something yourself on Knol is to not use material from your own site.

Yes it certainly will effect all websites, we will end up with a Wiki/Knol combo in #1 and #2 on alot of search terms which is why i won't be contributing to it. Got stung with Wiki, published alot of material only to be slapped in the face by having my links to the source and related material Nofollowed.

sweetfunny, Dec 17, 2007 IP
  5. ajitjc

ajitjc Banned

Best Answers:
    But the contents are listing in the Google or not?

ajitjc, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  6. InHouseWebSolutions

InHouseWebSolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The NOFOLLOW link does suck but is it true that as with Wiki links this could drastically improve my rankings.

I am kinda skeptical but am starting to post an original article on knol for new related blog post I write. Does anyone have any experience doing something similiar to this or with seeing any real change in your rankings?

InHouseWebSolutions, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  7. cutesathya

cutesathya Member

Best Answers:
    Article search engine marketing can not only increase your ranking within Google, Bing and Yahoo, it will also help position the with you and your company as experts in your chosen industry this is something that cannot be bought and yet is so important to your online success it bears repeating. Something else you will want to consider is that although these days there is a premium placed on speed, you also want to ensure that your strict standards for quality are met. This is one of the most important things when designing a long-term online marketing strategy. At Article Search Engine Marketing we offer the speed of execution you look for, quality you can trust and we treat your online marketing campaign as though it were our own by esnureing that we provide the highest level of quality content.

cutesathya, Nov 15, 2011 IP