1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO and image sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zinko, May 24, 2015.

Question:

for example I have a category on my site about cat images (20 images). On the category page, there are 20 thumbnails, that leads to pages, that contain the full image (typical wallpaper sites for example)

What is better for SEO purpouses:
    1. to write the description abut the cats on the category page OR
    2. to write and duplicate the description on each and every subpage?

About the second option, I think this can lead to duplicate content, right? But on the other hand it gives the subpage with only the big image more relevant content?

zinko, May 24, 2015 IP
  2. Eliza Anderson

Eliza Anderson Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to make your website SEO friendly, then must add small but unique description with every image. I know it is a long process, but it will help to users as well as crawler to understand the images.

Your second option doesn't fit in the Google quality guidelines. As you know well, Google hate duplicate content and always in great search of duplicate websites. So why do you want to take the risk. Do small but unique work that will help you to generate long term quality results.

Eliza Anderson, May 25, 2015 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Add just a few words.. Make it interesting and make people click the image.. Just do NOT copy it from the image description!

patco, May 25, 2015 IP
  4. debbiec12323

debbiec12323 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely quality and singular web content is more beneficial than boring machine-generated content. When you write generic text content, your audience would not connect with the message you're trying to develope.

debbiec12323, May 26, 2015 IP
  5. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's always recommended to write unique title and description tags. Though Google doesn't consider the description tags anymore, I'd still recommend to go for unique ones because that will help you improve the click through rates.

Kushal Shah, May 27, 2015 IP