1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO After Google update

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by RGC Advertising, Oct 25, 2016.

Hi,

Recently Google has updated its Panda update. So anchor text backlinks are not allowed.
    Then what are the best options to improve the organic search ranking.
    What should be the approach to improve the organic ranking of keywords.

Looking for the best answer.

RGC Advertising, Oct 25, 2016 IP
  2. Sanju Joseph

Sanju Joseph Member

Best Answers:
    Don't make use of Exact match anchor text as they are considered to be spammy activity by google instead, make use of generic, partial match and brand anchor text. They will help you to rank well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
    Sanju Joseph, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  3. VeniVidiVici

VeniVidiVici Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Panda has nothing to do with backlinks's anchor text. The recent update has been Penguin 4.0, and stop posting new threads with rubbish questions just to increase post count. You could at least Google the issue and check their recent major update...

That's a bunch of nonesense... You CAN and SHOULD use exact match anchor text but it has to be relatively small in comparison to the general brand anchors.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
    VeniVidiVici, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  4. Sanju Joseph

Sanju Joseph Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, using Exact match anchor text is risky and can have an impact on the ranking as it is considered to be a spammy activity to rank a particular content or page for the particular keyword.

Sanju Joseph, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  5. VeniVidiVici

VeniVidiVici Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well I have many sites ranking and on many of them I have exact match anchor texts in my backlinks, BUT, they represent only between 5% - 10% of my overall backlink profile. Usually just a couple of them, compared to hundreds of other backlinks.

Just think - can it naturally occur that someone might link to some of your internal pages using an anchor text which describes that page? Of course it can. It's not spam. But on the other hand, if you have 70% of your anchor texts using that exact match keyphrase then it is apparent that you are spamming and you will earn yourself a nice Penguin hit in the head.

So do it carefully but don't be afraid to use exact match. Do it once at least, it will be a strong signal of what your page is all about, and it WILL help you rank for that keyword.

VeniVidiVici

VeniVidiVici, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  6. Sanju Joseph

Sanju Joseph Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, that's true. Actually, I'm not telling you should completely stop using exact match, but you need to make sure that it is in a very less proportion.
    I dunno if this is true, but I read somewhere that it has to be 1% of all types.

Sanju Joseph, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Seems like you don't fully understand what the Panda update is all about.

How do people discover content online? Through text links. Of course you are not going to get penalized simply for having text links to your site.

dcristo, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  8. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could make as many as exact anchor links pointing to different page/post of your site.

Eg;- you have blog where you are writing about seo & there are many post on Backlinks, Alt, Title, Keywords etc. Now you can point backlinks with exact anchor text related to any of post.

Advice:- Don't create too much backlinks as I only try to get backlinks from Authority site some time I only get 2 or 3 backlinks per month & its increase my traffic up to 60% to 70%.

Furquan Ahmed, Oct 27, 2016 IP