1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO advice for new website needed please.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by livetvaccess, Apr 22, 2016.

Hi,

I need your help please.

I’m building classifieds website and I don’t know what is the best practice regarding the meta keywords and meta descriptions, I already created both knowing that the meta keywords are no longer important but search engines might look at them.

Regarding the Meta Description: what is the best practice? I’ve done like all the established websites by writing the same sentence and just changing the category name, for Example: Buy Antiques in London or sell yours for free today on examplesite.com.

Will google consider this spam as the website is still new and there are no listings there to correspond to the meta description?

Keeping in mind that if I have over 2000 Categories and it will take me forever to write a unique meta description for each one.

Or Shall I use the keywords in the meta description instead?

You advice is much appreciated.

Thank you

Solved! View solution.
    livetvaccess, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  2. Rahul Vaishnav

Rahul Vaishnav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website built using wordpress?
    if yes then you can use seo by yoast wordpress Plugin this much useful in your website SEO and you can easily put your meta tags and keyword page by page. or each category and yes you can see meta description same as you want.

Rahul Vaishnav, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  3. livetvaccess

livetvaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Rahul, I'm filling a csv file to upload it to the database, editing is not the issue, but my main issue is what I need to use as meta description and meta keywords, it is very difficult not to repeat the same data with more than 2000 categories and I am worried that Google might consider this spamming.
    I'm trying to understand the best practice for the categories SEO, is it a good idea to use the keywords as meta description?

livetvaccess, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  4. Rahul Vaishnav

Rahul Vaishnav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you can use keywords as meta description it also helpful in SEO. I will send you some of link for How to use meta description in bulk data integration.

Rahul Vaishnav, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  5. Subhasish K

Subhasish K Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Choose long tail keywords
    Build natural links
    Post into relevant blogs
    Use social media

Subhasish K, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  6. golusonu

golusonu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very rightly said upper to use keywords as meta data description, and it is really very useful in SEO and helps boosting the rank of your website also.

golusonu, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  7. livetvaccess

livetvaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Special Thank you to Rahul and thanks to Subhasish K and golusonu
    The links you mentioned will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

livetvaccess, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  8. monovm

monovm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also you can use your keywords on eachpages images ALT.
    also using your keyword on page headings will help.

regards

monovm, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  9. livetvaccess

livetvaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you

livetvaccess, Apr 23, 2016 IP
  10. zakariakhan

zakariakhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should not use Keyword in meta description.You should use meta description only at Title tag..Yes But If you don't use your main keyword in Title then you may use it in meta description.If you use same keyword without filtering keyword density in meta description then you may get not ranking well in search engine result.Change some structural system of your website like internal link and content setting with keyword density.

Thank you

zakariakhan, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  11. hannahcarter

hannahcarter Member

Best Answers:
    you should definitely use at least one keyword in the meta description, maybe more if it doesn't feel forced. I have been using keywords in both meta titles and meta descriptions with great success. check out this site for example, http://www.carpetcleaninghoddesdon.com/, if we hadn't targeted keywords with meta titles and descriptions, our ranking wouldn't have improved as much as it did..

hannahcarter, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  12. livetvaccess

livetvaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you zakariakhan & HannahCarter

By the way HannahCarter, your website is highly optimised, thank you for your advice and can I ask you another question, what do you think about using the keywords in the URL? I did a test on your website for the areas covered and it came on the first result, is that down to using the keywords in the URL?

livetvaccess, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  13. hannahcarter

hannahcarter Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is one of the reasons, check out this article at Moz https://moz.com/blog/15-seo-best-practices-for-structuring-urls and point 3 here addresses the very same thing you are asking. See if this helps you. Hubspot is also saying the same thing in this article http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/seo-site-keyword-optimize-ht ...

hannahcarter, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  14. livetvaccess

livetvaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, one more question please, If I make the structure of the links for example www.mysite.com/alfa-romeo-cars but I have so many other types of cars which means I will be using the word (cars) at the end of each make's URL, probably 20-30 links like that, do you think putting that word could impact the SEO of the website in a negative way? Or is that good because it is descriptive for the users?

Thanks again

livetvaccess, Apr 26, 2016 IP
    I don't think it'll have a negative effect if the rest of the URL is completely different. See this website, https://www.padsforstudents.co.uk/ here if you go to the end of the page, you'll see that the URLs for pads in different locations are almost the same except for the name of the actual place and it doesn't affect the ranking. So yes, if the word 'cars' happens to be in every URL, it wont be a problem.

Alternatively, if you don't want similar structure, you can try to vary the URLs so that the word 'cars' or 'car' may sometimes appear in the beginning or middle of the URL if it makes sense. It is up to your preference eventually.

hannahcarter, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  16. livetvaccess

livetvaccess Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much hannahcarter you have been most helpful.

livetvaccess, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  17. Christina Martin

Christina Martin Member

Best Answers:
    make title, description and keywords for every page

Christina Martin, Nov 13, 2017 IP