1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sending Buyers to a Specific Page

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by doocie, Apr 22, 2006.

I ran searches to find this question, unfortunately yielded no results.

I was wondering if it was possible to link a potential buyer to a specific page on a merchants site, kinda like how Amazon's affiliate system works where you can send them to a specific product, I want to be able to send them to a specific page.

For example, customer "A" comes to my site and clicks on my widgets category, customer "A" than procedes to click on the merchant link, I don't want to send them to the main page of the merchan site, rather the widgets section of the merchant site, I figure this would yield higher conversions if the customer doesn't have to click to get to where he/she was intending to go in the first place.

doocie, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If is possible I want to know too - but I don't think that is possible for most advertises.

Only some very specific advertises provide this feature due its landing page already has some script that manage this thing like ebay for example (&url=http://....)

workarounds:

1) Check one by one all the available different destination pages that the advertise offer under text links - normally the destination pages vary a bit and you have some different destination that you can target a bit more.

2) You can also contact the advertiser about the problem - he can indicate a way to direct the link directly to the landing page, or create a specific link for that desired destination page or even tell you why is not a good idea to drive traffic to that page directly.

Micromag, Apr 22, 2006 IP
  3. moneyonlineideas

moneyonlineideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Doocie, this is possible if the merchant allows it. You can set the destination page by clicking on "show advanced options" in the "get html" page inside CJ. If you see a box for destination url, that means the merchant allows you to decide where you want to send your customers.

moneyonlineideas, Apr 26, 2006 IP