1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Send a Friend & Print Article Code

Discussion in 'Programming' started by lasvegascom, Nov 10, 2005.

I just wrote a few articles for my website. On each article page I want to add the email to a friend and print this article functionality. Where can I find free code to use without a link or logo from the programmer? Also, where can i find the little images that people use for these functions? I don't want to steal anything. I just want to use code and images that are free to be used by anyone.

lasvegascom, Nov 10, 2005 IP
  2. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use a javascipt button to print the page - you can use any image you like for the button.
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=print+page+script&meta=

You can probably get away with copying a printer symbol from another site.

You need to use a server side (php/asp) script to email the article to an address, post your URL and I can try and point you in the right direction.

dave487, Nov 11, 2005 IP
  3. boccio

boccio Peon

Best Answers:
    E-mail to a friend is quite easy to do. Create a simple form with From, To, Subject, Body fields, then just add predefined text to Body with link to actual article, and dispatch everything via mail() function. I don't see any hassle about this...

But if you want to use ready-made free code, check out this section on HotScripts:
    http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Site_Recommendation/index.html

boccio, Nov 11, 2005 IP