1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Your Knowledge - How I did it

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bshearer, May 1, 2013.

I just thought I would share what I did with my seemingly simple knowledge base to make extra bucks every month.

After quite a struggle getting into internet marketing I decided to go back to my roots which was programming. So after doing some research I discovered a new development program for building products.

So I bought the product and started learning. After about 6 months in the developer forum I had acheived an expert level with the product and I had accumulated well over 300 source code files.

That is when I had a random thought. Other noobs might learn something from my practice files. I zipped them up and placed an Ad in their market area.

Needless to say, a ton of fly's landed on my crap! I was making money!

Then I started getting requests to teach people one-on-one.

So I started a training website and I developed a 30 day course over the weekend and put up another Ad and then I had about 12 people signed up for the class at $100 per student.

Now that might not seem like much BUT I recorded ALL of the 30 day classes and bundled them up for the following classes.

It worked like gang busters. Today, I still make about $400/mth without doing a thing. Easy money.

I still have people signing up for my recorded training classes AND they are still buying my source code packages.

I still get asked for private tutoring which I do at a higher rate but I no longer struggle to find what I will do.

The key is just looking around and understanding what users want and need.

Good Luck!

bshearer, May 1, 2013 IP
    ribas, zetttaxco and moffey like this.