1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Selling website section is flooded by same people

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by sitehunter21, Nov 11, 2016.

I'm more of a lurker than an active user. However, I do tend to buy a couple/few sites a month from here. Over the last few weeks or so I've noticed the same few people simply flooding the section, some threads appear so quick, I'm wondering if automated?

Its enough for me to not bother looked there anymore. Just my feedback

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/sites.52/

sitehunter21, Nov 11, 2016 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I do feel the same thing. I am watching domain and sites section in Marketplace to buy one or two domain/websites but got nothing.
    The marketplace is now full of useless stuffs. In the past, there are useless stuffs being sold in the Marketplace but it is not that many. We still could find good domains/websites being sold in Marketplace.

I have checked multiple times and any domain or websites being sold in the Marketplace have very low quality (perhaps no quality at all). Plus seller tries to sell low quality stuff for unbelievable prices. I have no idea their motivation to sell low quality stuff for very high price. If they sell high quality stuff for very high prices, I would understand it but low quality stuff for overpriced price is hard to accept. But I know it is up to seller to decide the price. Staff nor moderator would not interfere with the prices. However, I hope the marketplaces would not filled up by low quality stuffs.

Most sellers who floods the marketplace usually sell low quality stuffs. I remember an advice from well known member in this forum. He said "Just ignore it". I think he is correct. We should ignore any sales thread created by 'low quality seller' (someone who continuously sell low quality stuffs). The responsibility to make marketplace as good place for everyone is in staff's hand. Any idea to make it as good place for everyone?

Arick unirow, Nov 11, 2016 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not automated... users have to go through the trouble of verifying ownership of each domain for example.

digitalpoint, Nov 11, 2016 IP
    sitehunter21 likes this.
  4. sitehunter21

sitehunter21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. Well my feedback is that the market place (well sites) is consistently flooded by two or three accounts, thread after thread. I get that may not be automated then but some threads from the same sellers are sometimes, a couple of minutes between the next..going by the times on the site anyway.

Yes, I could ignore but it now means that legit sellers with even half decent sites (I rank and tank) are simply missed as the two/three accounts are page one, two etc... let's face it, they're dropped domains that have been rebuilt aka PBN

Even if it meant having a one or two thread a day limit etc.

I don't sell here but as said, I buy weekly from here but I've now given up as I don't want masked PBN sites

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    sitehunter21, Nov 11, 2016 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was JUST coming here to make the exact same thread!

I mean, it's rediculous really. The same guy posts 20+ sites per day within 1 - 2 minutes apart. All he's doing is changing a few keywords around in each pitch.

@digitalpoint I am pretty sure if it's already in their Google Search Console - they don't need to verify anything. Also, they could pay a VA $5.00 to spend an hour listing 20 sites.

Look at this:

[​IMG]

There should be a limit of 1 site for sale per day. Anyone that has a site worth anything wouldn't need to sell more than one per day.

I honestly think Digital Point rivals Flippa and could one day surpass it as the number one digital property marketplace on the internet. I want to recommend DP to the folks in my network, but I just can't with the gargantuan amount of crap that's listed over there by the SAME person who just find/replaces the niche for each pitch using notepad.

It's gotten so bad over there, I haven't even made a post in a while. You know how much I love hanging out over there - but I just can't wade through the crap anymore. It's seriously going downhill and it shouldn't take much effort to get it back on track.

Create a rule saying ONLY 1 SITE FOR SALE PER 24 HOURS. If they break the rule, warn them. If they break it again, ban them.

It will take literally ZERO effort from the mods. AND will actually make there job easier because there won't be as many threads in the Buy/Sell forum.

I know Shawn has threatened to remove this section in the past. I think that would be a giant mistake. It's really the ONLY rival of Flippa right now. All it needs is more buyers. They will take one look at the forum now and run for the hills.

MAKE DIGITAL POINT GREAT AGAIN

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Matthew Sayle, Nov 12, 2016 IP
    sitehunter21 and Arick unirow like this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just don't go there!

Matt, you're a savvy enough businessman to know that this seller and the others like him are doing themselves no favours. When you see those identical headlines you just know the seller is doing himself (I'm assuming gender, called Wayne after all) absolutely no favours. Any potential customer can see that he's churning out cookie cutter websites that probably have rewritten content and absolutely no user retention.

If he posted once a day, sure there would be a "throttle" but it's also likely that a user might not do the right checks and see that he's selling site after site that are nearly identical.

Ultimately, though, it's up to Shawn (aka @digitalpoint) to decide those kinds of rules.

sarahk, Nov 12, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  7. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Just don't go there?

What a terrible answer. Why don't you guys just DO SOMETHING about it - instead of telling the few decent members you actually have to stay away from those sections?

Are you kidding me?

However... I will take your advice and stay away.

8. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I upset too. What I did is ignore the sales thread and add the seller into the list of 'bad seller'. ^__^
    I understand your concern about the flooding issue. But don't worry, most buyer are just like me. I usually filter the sales thread and focus on only good site. Even if your sales thread if buried deep in the corner, I would still find it (and perhaps the other buyers would find it too). ^__^
    Just create sales thread in marketplace, I may buy your site if I have enough money to buy it (or if I really like it).
    I don't know how to reply your comment as you write very long sentences. :D
    I am agree with you. I would like to see the marketplace in this forum become the best place for anyone to sell and buy any sites (especially the great sites).
    Honestly, I think your comment in most sales thread have helped many buyers and stop bad seller to (try to) trick prospective buyers.
    @digitalpoint... MAKE DIGITAL POINT GREAT AGAIN ...[/QUOTE]
    Should we move your post to Politic and Religion? :D
    Btw, I am not interested in politic. Politics make me dizzy :D
    Ignoring the (bad) sellers seems like the best solution at this moment. I am agree with you. ^__^
    Or better, you could write your opinion about each sales thread and I believe it will help others. Who knows, perhaps sellers would realize his mistakes and stop doing what he always did. just my opinion. : )

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Arick unirow, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Aaah, no, you misinterpreted my 1am attempt at humour - I was dissing your paraphrasing of your new President

sarahk, Nov 12, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  10. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I don't find anything funny about the current state of the Buy/Sell forum.

I wish you guys (mods) would take something seriously for once...

11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't see the number of "actions" we take every day to keep this forum relatively spam and scam free.

The rules are that you are allowed one thread per domain or site that you want to sell and that is all this guy is doing. That he is attempting to sell a volume (presumably at the expense of quality) doesn't make him breach the rules. Some sites charge per sale, we don't - and I imagine that is why guys like @Wayne Beeler flooding that section. The mods don't spend a huge amount of time discussing the rules - not like we used to have to when new scams were popping up every couple of months - but we are open to any suggestions that will make managing the site easier. Personally, I'm not prepared to manually check the frequency that a seller makes listings so I'd be expecting @digitalpoint to code something up to enforce a rule like the suggested "one post a day" if that were to be adopted.

sarahk, Nov 12, 2016 IP
    sitehunter21 likes this.
  12. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    What about duplicate content? Can the guy really copy/paste every single thread?

13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Under the current rules, so long as the site is actually different then, yes, he can. However, any buyer doing their due diligence will run a mile. If he can't vary his sales spiel then you know the site is going to have issues.

sarahk, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  14. sitehunter21

Best Answers:
    Well I must admit that it seems that the attitude of moderation is that there isn't an issue. I'd disagree and just saying that the same handful of sellers have trashed the site selling section.

They are just selling PBN sites so now for me, that section isn't worth looking at, the legit sites are harder to find from the better sellers. Might as well look at bhws link building section if I wanted the same low quality sites.

They're claiming they're real sites which is actually well, a scam.

sitehunter21, Nov 12, 2016 IP
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's just one of the things with having a free marketplace. If we put a barrier of entry of some sort to keep low quality stuff out (like paying to list a site for sale), then you would get people complaining it's not free.

It's really, really, really easy to filter out low quality stuff based on whatever criteria you deem to be the threshold for low quality. For example, personally I wouldn't look at any site that didn't include Google Analytics, wasn't unique content or was on a domain less than 2 years old (you just filtered out 95% of all the sites for sale): https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/sites?age=24&analytics_data=1&content=1

We can give users the tools to see just what they care about, but we can't make the users use those tools unfortunately. You can even use the normal user ignore function to never see anything listed by any specific users. It's like users don't want to be bothered with using the tools they are given, and instead want us to make arbitrary decisions for them about what they want to see.

digitalpoint, Nov 14, 2016 IP
    sitehunter21 likes this.
  16. sitehunter21

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply @digitalpoint

You have a valid point and I can see it's a catch 22.

I use here because it's cheaper and some people just don't know what they're selling etc. I've brought a site that cost $50 but had a shed load of half decent content, I checked and noticed it's ranking for a high end keyword, brings me $105 (roughly a month) without trying. That's the sellers issue, not mine, I don't even haggle

My point is that the market place works but recently it's flooded but as said, can see your point as a forum owner (I own a large motorbike forum and use your addons). I appreciate your answer and will see your way of filtering.

sitehunter21, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If there was a way to be absolutely certain something is garbage automatically, then sure... we could do it. But basing it on the less sites someone posted in a day, the higher quality the site really doesn't work realistically. Someone can still post garbage sites if they are only selling a single site. And someone could post multiple quality sites if they were getting out of the webmaster business or something.

The best thing to do is decide what sites you are interested in based on the criteria *you* see fit and start with the filtered list right out of the gate. The stream of "newest" sites listed really isn't terribly useful for anyone buying a site. Maybe someone listed something a week ago you are interested in... do you really want to go through hundreds of sites sequentially to find the one you are looking for? :)

Filter the sites... really. :)

digitalpoint, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This can easily be solved by limiting the number of threads that can be created in a day.

dcristo, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  19. sitehunter21

Best Answers:
    There is that or even charging $10 for every other thread, past the one free one within 24 hours.

One guy who posts a lot, minutes within each post average sale is $500+

But it is a fine line of keeping every person happy, you can't do it with a forum

I'll just use the filtering more and ignore the bulk sellers, use the software to my advantage

sitehunter21, Nov 14, 2016 IP