1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling services without PayPal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by n0other, Jan 11, 2006.

Does online business without paypal have any future? I plan to launch some interesting projects and my main concern is that my country is not in paypal's coverage. I plan to use stormpay as a payment processor, but the problem is that very few people have SP accounts. Any hope for me? Do you mind making an account at payment processor other than paypal or do you just find another service that offers paypal as a payment option?

n0other, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  2. xfairguy

xfairguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is a big drawback if you can't accept PayPal.
    I have that problem too.
    I wish that Google come in with their pay service.

xfairguy, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  3. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What country are you in?

You can also almost always use an offshore merchant account, but the setup cost is fairly high.

jestep, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal is useless in alot of markets.
    It's not a lifeline and they generally don't have any kind of monopoly. I would look into:

*Setting up your own merchant account
    *Checking out 2checkout (They accept Credit Cards on your behalf)
    *Checking out ClickBank (They accept both Credit Cards and Paypal on your behalf)

All of them have relatively high fees.

Blitz, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  5. Shift4SMS

Shift4SMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, and there are a lot of companies doing e-commerce without Paypal. You can get a merchant account in most countries to process online e-commerce transactions.

I think you might have misstated the question: Does online business without paypal and without fixed monthly fees have a future? This is where PayPal is strong -- no fixed monthly fees -- and this works well with small or low volume merchants. Larger or high volume merchants should look at getting a real merchant account and blend the fixed monthly fees into the overall per month cost. Generally, these larger merchants will see lower overall costs than the "free" stuff PayPal offers.

Shift4SMS, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  6. n0other

n0other Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm in Lithuania.
    The business would be comparatively small and I think getting a merchant account would be a bit over the needs, but I'll look into it. I know about clickbank, but it's filled with scammy products and 'get rich quick' books, I'm a little concerned about the overall image of my business. Yes, most people probably never heard of clickbank, but the products would be targeted at webmasters, I just don't know.. 2co, never took a close look at them, maybe because I've heard more bad than good things about them, but I know, you can hear the same about most of the payment processors. Maybe I'll go with clickbank after all.

n0other, Jan 12, 2006 IP