1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling my house for £2!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dunstan, Feb 13, 2017.

Hey digital point!

Its been a long time since I was active here, I sort of dropped out of the business a long time ago, but I do remember learning many things here back in the day!

Anyway, the time came recently to try and sell my house and it turned out that I needed an unusual method to do it....

So after struggling to sell my house the conventional way and getting frustrated, I decided to run a competition to win my house and you can either enter for free or for just £2 by PayPal.

I thought you guys might like to check it out, we are on :

http://winacountryhouse.com

Feel free to ask me any questions and I will try my best to respond to you.

Cheers!

dunstan, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Good luck - I hope you get the entries you need. The place looks absolutely stunning although I imagine it's darn cold in Winter!

We've had people do similar things down here in NZ with mixed success. The big risk is if you don't get the sales you're looking for and end up giving away the property for a disappointing return.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3305059/Winner-of-25-house-raffle-announced

It might be a good idea to change the page settings so that facebook can find an photo of the property and the right text.

upload_2017-2-14_11-35-53.png

sarahk, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  3. dunstan

dunstan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that Sarah, nice to see it has worked elsewhere too.

I don't generally use facebook so will have to take a look at that in the morning and see whats up, need to change my tags for sure!

Cheers

dunstan, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you checked your local laws about this? Some places might consider this to be a lottery and may have strict regulations about same. Here in the U.S., I have heard of homeowners who wanted to do this but could not set up a random drawing lottery, so they made is an essay contest in which you wrote why you should get the house and there was an essay submission fee to be considered. No idea as how it worked out for them.

jrbiz, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  5. terry-j

terry-j Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck!

Its been done a few times in the UK and is legal - however I've seen people selling tickets for £25, not £2!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
    terry-j, Feb 23, 2017 IP