1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling copy/fake products from China

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by jim34, Oct 30, 2009.

1. jally4116615

jally4116615 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want buy fake products , you must take care quality , i know this
    because i am from China

jally4116615, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. jim34

jim34 Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, everyone is so supportive and giving me excellent advice. So thanks heaps.
    My other challenge is when buying on Ebay how do I know that the product is genuine and not fake?

"if you want buy fake products , you must take care quality , i know this
    because i am from China" So jally411615 if you are from China, is it easy for someone outside of China to find the Genuine Product which is made in China???

jim34, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  3. puck82

puck82 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am totally in accord with majority of posts.
    For my opinion you have to pay attention to your fake sales, because if a user report you to eBay, Paypal and original producer you can fall in legal infringement.
    The buyer can keep the product, have back his money and cause you a lot of problems.

Pay attention !

Thanks and Goodbye by Alessandro Zamboni

puck82, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  4. ravenscraig

ravenscraig Peon

Best Answers:
    What ebay / paypal do to you for selling fakes will be of significantly less importance than what the law enforcement authorities do....

7am knock at the door, and then court and a criminal record.

99% of fakes being sold on the internet are sold by criminals from outside the country they are being sold in, and by far the single biggest culprits are Chinese-based crooks.

Search for pretty much any "designer" name and you'll find dozens of sites selling counterfeit goods on Google (or ebay, etc).

The scam goes: set up lots of domain names, pump them up the listings using black hat stuff like hidden links, steal people's money using Paypal accounts held by associates in western countries, and ship them fakes.

They are everywhere and the folk behind these fake products on google scams are, sadly, very good at it.

Google aren't really helping by seeming to do nothing about fake products on Google - despite the sites totally gaming their index.

Anyway, like I was saying. Selling counterfeit goods is a crime, and there are already thousands of Chinese-based fraudsters doing a much better job of it than you could ever do.

So the returns wouldn't even be that great... (meaning that the fines and jail time just wouldn't be worth it).

ravenscraig, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  5. vlwebhosting

vlwebhosting Guest

Best Answers:
    risk even thinking of buying u will get scammed for shure

vlwebhosting, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  6. jear95

jear95 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am from China, I talk about my thoughts.

First,sale of counterfeits is wrong, but precisely because it is prohibited, so it has great profit. But the foreign market, after all, is different from the Chinese market. China fakes a lot because it has an easy to sell counterfeit goods market. The sale of counterfeit goods abroad will be much trouble.

Secondly, why should sale of counterfeits? Quality brand-name products from China is also very good, but the price will be cheaper. You can try.

Third, you have the main purpose of that? Is profit! So why not to look beyond gathered at the same price, and fake and real goods, like the quality of products.

What questions can contact me at any time

jear95, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  7. kooopi

kooopi Peon

Best Answers:
    This David from China. US government forbid us exporting copy/fake products to US. But there are many copy/fake products flee hither and thither in US. I think Business need honesty. Please do not do that.

kooopi, Nov 18, 2009 IP
  8. jim34

jim34 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi David from China. So is there original product from China good for import to USA to sell for small business like myself? CAn you help source good quality genuine product??

jim34, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  9. yaylarugs

yaylarugs Peon

Best Answers:
    it should be stopped because the evaluation of products and customer dealing get effected from these products.

yaylarugs, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  10. almedajohnson

almedajohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    You can easily find the vide range of suppliers and products from portals like alibaba. There is also regional posrtal for China similar to alibaba.

almedajohnson, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  11. vernonpurcell

vernonpurcell Member

Best Answers:
    You can buy them from the manufactures themself

vernonpurcell, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  12. Paschalis

Paschalis Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is another thing that I experienced regarding fake site and product.

The site address is

http://www.iadidastrainers.co.uk/

and implies of course that this is an UK store (since I live in Greece it was important that the seller is inside European Union in order to be sure that I will avoid customs etc.), so I ordered a pair of adidas shoes for my daughter for 56.79 euros paying another 9,00 euros for shipping cost and I was charged another 4,00 euros for no reason (have in mind that with this money I could easily but original adidas shoes from any store in Greece, but I could not find the ecaxt shoes so I ordered them from the site mentioned above).

As I said I live in Greece so I expected to reveive the shoes after a few days, but instead of this after some days I received a tracking number indicating that the shoes are coming from China !!! I contacted the site but there was nothing that I could do. After more than 20 days I received the shoes which had nothing to do with the ones I ordered and I strongly doubt if they have anything to do with adidas. I contacted the site and after they confirmed there was a mistake in the warehouse they just told me that OK I will get a discount in my next order !!! (of course it sunded like a joke to me).

Avoid them and dont even imagine that you will get what they present in their site ... you will just loose your money !!!

Paschalis, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  13. Jordan Barlow

Jordan Barlow Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more. I've been an Amazon seller for a few years now and I've seen my competition get a few bad reviews and it really hurts their business. Always be honest or else people will sniff you out.

Jordan Barlow, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  14. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem with selling fakes is that if you accept online payment your payment processor will close your account.

Now I buy my fakes from Thailand, it's a lot safer than China, you can try Bangkok Personal Shopper service it's really cheap but you still cannot be sure to receive BECAUSE OF YOUR CUSTOMS.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    buythiscomputer, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure why we have awoken a 6 year old thread, but anyway....

In regards to fakes, or non-orinigal products, you need to be aware of the legalities of importing a product that is inferior. For example, In Australia, we have strict rules regarding 240v devices, and this is due to the fact that people have been killed from crap from china. If someone dies from a device that I have "imported", the penalties are very high, with the possibility of Jail time. I dont know about other countries, but I am sure that if you pass off dodgy imports, and someone dies that could make you liable to some degree.

There are even situations where houses have burnt down, and insurance has refused to pay. So now, when I buy something 240v online from ebay, from "Sydney", if it comes from china, or is missing the right stickers to say its been approved, I will get my money back from paypal. I just dont put up with that shit.

matt_62, Feb 3, 2015 IP