1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling an original ebook

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by angor, Jul 15, 2018.

hi, I'm a photographer and run a photography blog. I want to try to sell small article-like ebooks in some of the posts for like $5. I've seen other bloggers doing it.
    The question I have is about the size of the book. I'm not looking for something serious. It should be more like a handbook with examples, tips and tricks, nicely presented, etc. What size should I be looking at?

angor, Jul 15, 2018 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your book should be large enough to include all the information you want to cover in a simple to understand presentation. You should not add any non-essential content just to make it larger.

That may seem vague but I think that a handbook that covers one specific element of photography could be as little as three pages and I suspect not more than 20. For a $5 handbook 10 pages seems about right to me.

JoeSpirit, Jul 16, 2018 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    More photos, less articles, royalty free, nsa - for $5 your ebook will sell like hotcakes.

qwikad.com, Jul 16, 2018 IP
  4. DigitalNT

DigitalNT Member

Best Answers:
    I have been doing a lot of research on this topic for some time now. This is what i've come up with:
    2000 words - $3 and below
    5000 words - $3 to $5
    Above 5000 words - $5 to $10
    You can charge more, of course, if your book is longer

DigitalNT, Oct 31, 2018 IP