1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling a vbulletin forum without the license

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by saidev, May 6, 2006.

I was wonder if anyone have experience in selling a forum without selling the vbulletin license. I just got the license not too long ago so I cannot transfer it yet. Is there a file in vbulletin that I the new user can just enter their license code, so I can just enter it and zip it up and send it to them along with the db backup? thanks

saidev, May 6, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sell them the database, but not the PHP files.

digitalpoint, May 7, 2006 IP
  3. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the easiest thing to do would just be to sell them the database and send that their way....but...if you have modified a bunch of files, it will be a little bit more complicated - have you done that?

GTAce, May 7, 2006 IP
  4. saidev

saidev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, I modified a few files nothing I couldn't replicate, when I brought it had ucash on it and I added articlebot and made xml feed icons on the bottom...just little things...any one interested? I guess I should post it on the forsale part of the forum. thanks.

saidev, May 7, 2006 IP
  5. saidev

saidev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no way I can change like the license code or something in a few files to just tar up the site and get it over with?

saidev, May 7, 2006 IP
  6. wisenerl

wisenerl Peon

Best Answers:
    The license code can be changed, for ease its better to simply send it over to them complete rather than trying to change the license code yourself. At the end of the day they cant get upgrades or access to vbulletin.org without your customer number which you cant give them.

wisenerl, May 15, 2006 IP