1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seller Feedbacks on Amazon

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by jainy25, Feb 5, 2015.

Hey fellas!

I am sure most of you must have bought something from Amazon and the plethora of sellers on their marketplace.

After completing the entire order process with receiving the delivery of your product and using, do you leave a feedback for the seller you bought the product from?

And sellers. What about you? Have you been requesting feedbacks from your buyers? Amazon is very strict with maintaining a healthy volume of feedbacks and I have heard that sellers get their accounts suspended/under review when the "feedback volume doesn't match the order volume".

More importantly, I guess it just gives more push to your brand when you have a lot of positives coming in.

How important is the role of seller feedbacks in your opinion?

jainy25, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  2. williams994

williams994 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    When I buy something, I usually either write feedback or do a review. I also sell and have an autoresponder that sends the buyer some info and asks for feedback. I think that positive feedback helps your products rank well.

--
    Get 1 Million views/month to your site! And it's free! Go here: http://www.FreeViral.com/?r=430773

williams994, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  3. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I heard about that. But it is product reviews that are more important in listing products on top.

What autoresponder do you use for sending feedback requests?

jainy25, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  4. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, whatever I have purchased, I got everything perfect and right product in a given time. So, I am really happy after using the services of Amazon.

Lipipaliwal, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  5. jainy25

Best Answers:
    See. That's the mistake people make. They think whatever they are ordering from Amazon is processed entirely by Amazon. But that's never the case!

Most of your orders actually go through a 3rd Party seller. These sellers rely on your feedback so as to gain reputation on the Amazon marketplace.

jainy25, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  6. RepricerExpress

RepricerExpress Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seller feedback is regarded highly by Amazon in terms of winning the Buy Box.

Getting customer to leave good feedback is tricky. Some things which may help include:
    1. Sellers should provide product descriptions which are accurate and which specify product details.
    2. Good quality images will help consumers see what the product looks like and help increase sales.
    3. Communication with customers and timely communication is important
    4. Packaging is an issue for a number of marketplace consumers.
    5. Finally another tip, which may seem obvious, is to make sure your contact details such as address, email and phone number are correct.

RepricerExpress, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  7. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am a seller on Amazon and the seller feedback is vital to the health of my account as well as to aid in the purchase decision of future customers. After my customers purchase my product they get a series of follow up e-mails that ask for reviews and feedback. As mentioned by jainy25 for sellers like myself who do not have a recognized brand and are new to the market these feed back and reviews help build you credibility and reputation on the platform which in turn improves your sales and ranking on Amazon. I now make it a habit of mine to leave feedback and reviews on anything I purchase as I know just how much weight it carries.

Dave Best, Mar 27, 2015 IP
    jainy25 likes this.
  8. jainy25

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Being a seller does make you realize the value of feedbacks! :)

How many times do you generally follow up a customer? We do it only once. Just so that they don't get offended by multiple emails...

jainy25, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  9. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I actually have a series of three follow up e-mails. In each e-mail I add some value by giving my customer tips on how to use the product and keep it in the best condition possible. In those e-mails I also drop a line to ask for a review at the end of them.

Dave Best, Mar 27, 2015 IP