1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sell my eBook or attach as 'bonus' with bigger eBook?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by gogosummer, Mar 18, 2007.

I recently wrote a short eBook on the essay writing process (including research, outlining, proofreading, etc.) -- really short, as in only 18 pages. However, I also plan on writing a longer book that focuses more on the actual elements of the body of the paper (thesis statements, supporting statements, etc.).

I was just wondering if

A. people are willing to buy the short eBooks (such as 18 pages)?

and

B. if you think I should wait until I write the longer one, then either combine the two into one BIG eBook, or attach the short eBook as a 'special bonus' with the eBook?

(I'm new to the selling-my-own-product scene, and would just like a few opinions please)

gogosummer, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  2. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think either one would work, you will just need to think of your audience. Will the material be repeated in both books? If so, why would a student or professional need it twice?

I'm not an expert on marketing, but another option to consider would be to make the short book a "freebie" to build a name for yourself in respected communities so that when you do get ready to see the "real" book, you have a n established reputation and hopefully a few positive testimonials from those who benefited from the free copy...

Rebecca

internetauthor, Mar 18, 2007 IP
    gogosummer likes this.
  3. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree, build up a reputation and networking is always a good starting before enrolling in major writing projects.

Pat Gael, Mar 19, 2007 IP
    gogosummer likes this.
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    if you're new and haven't got a subscriber list, it's better to offer it as a 'free for personal use' book. you get viral marketing (i assume your book is good) when word goes out and the book passed around.

that said, you can also offer it at a low price, say, $7. then you can upsell it with your bigger book, say, $47. the 'B' suggestion you put forward isn't really good, imo.

devin, Mar 19, 2007 IP
    gogosummer likes this.
  5. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say you sell the first one and use the second one as an upsell.

integrity, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  6. cjwriter

cjwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Definitely sell the first one for a few dollars and use the second one as a backend.

cjwriter, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  7. omecool

omecool Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend that you give the first one, either freebie or price it around a 7 dollar range. Then use the people who got the first ebook as a target for yr 2nd ebook.

omecool, Mar 21, 2007 IP