1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sell my business or not? Your Suggestions? (Wordpress related)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Voya, Dec 3, 2009.

Hey guys,

I have a website established that sells a premium Wordpress theme. It is located at http://probloggerwordpresstheme.com

I started the website week ago. It took me more than 2 months to build, test and launch the theme i am selling. It works perfectly.

Good? Not good. Where i suck is marketing, because i haven't been doing any in the past. As stated, it took me more than 2 months to develop it and my resources are exhausted, leaving me with little cash to do the advertising.

I did some adwords which generated some sales but its not enough.

Unpredictable expenses made their way towards me and...

Sadly, i am thinking of selling my business (the website and the wp theme product) to anyone who will be willing to take over it.

What would you do if you were in my place? I would like to see some suggestions before i decide what to do.

If i decide on selling it, i am thinking to do it for ~~ $3k price. Should i try for less, or should i try for more? I am pretty certain that the theme has a lot of potential and could bring in a fortune with the right advertising.

Voya, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  2. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    first of all, very nice site! i think it has potential and this i can say being wordpress theme expert myself. Just work on the site like add more themes, little bit of promotion and give it 1 yr. see if it takes off else sell it off!

oh BTW, i own http://top-best-themes.com and it is one of the popular sites for some of the best wordpress themes!

olddocks, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  3. vanko

vanko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now you get the key. It's marketing. So solve the problem, and you will get more earning. I think, your alexa is not so good, your PR is too ... so, learning more your niche, and offer for free a part of your product. You kind learn from problogger, maybe. They are success marketing their service and product :). Or maybe you can work together with them. Try to write a proposal to admin. Just advice. Nice to know you :)

vanko, Dec 3, 2009 IP