1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selecting Keywords

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Blasingame, May 16, 2009.

Hello,

I'm new to the keyword finding process however I did some research and wanted to know if i have this right.

In a keyword:

So as i see it I need keywords that are; high paying, related, highly searched and least compitition.

Am i going in the right direction?

What is a good starting CPC?

CPC Comp April Search ave monthly
    $0.68 low 450,000 135,000
    $1.21 low 201,000 60,500 With this one all remaining word only pay 5 cents
    $0.65 low 6,120,000 673,000
    $0.76 no comp 1,220,000 90,500

I'm not telling the words but if I'm going in the right direction let me know? Some are two words... is that ok?

Blasingame, May 16, 2009 IP
  2. Francozac

Francozac Peon

Best Answers:
    I think $0.68 low 450,000 135,000 is better than all because in a keyword all the things matter,its cpc is low but not very much but its competition is less than all 3.i want to ask you if your keyword is a general term or not?
    if it is than go for it and yes man you are going in straight direction!
    Thanks

Francozac, May 18, 2009 IP
  3. Francozac

Francozac Peon

Best Answers:
    so,did you try my suggestion,in order to get less competiton you should see all things collectively!
    i hope you understand. i always see these and rank easily high in google

Francozac, May 20, 2009 IP
  4. intellg

intellg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is better. Would you like to use yahoo ads center?

intellg, May 23, 2009 IP
  5. petevamped

petevamped Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont go by the cost per click except for when I am going to make it an adsense site. The way I find my keywords is as follows.

Using googles keyword tool I will target each of the 3 word keywords for my group. After I have found each of them that target my niche. I now open another tab and do google searches on each of those keywords. Using the exact keyword search for that keyword simply placing in quotes. I now look to see how many players I have for that particular niche. Scratching off all of the ones that are over 150k. I then return to keyword tool and place those and find keywords again with out searching for new keywords. I can now see average volume for those keywords. Eliminating again all the ones below 2k searches a month. While doing this I can see which ones are paying better for adsense keeping only the ones that pay above 50cents. If I need more keywords cause this did not return enough I will simply do this again targeting the same niche in a different way. Hope this helps

petevamped, Jun 9, 2009 IP