1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEF URL in drop down style menu

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by shadow007, Apr 4, 2011.

Hi

Just having a bit of trouble with the following. I have set my joomla site to use search engine friendly urls however I have links that are under a parent catergory within a drop down style menu. The problem is that I can view the parent link but not any of the child links.

For example:

index.php/certified-training

(I can view this no problem)

index.php/certified-training/hypnotherapy-masters

(I cannot view this)

Now I know that since I turned on the SEO firendly function it has caused this but it seems like it is trying to view a page within that dircetory that obviously dosent exist.

Is there anyway anyone can provide any feedback about how to solve this and have seo firendly links within a drop down menu?

Thanks in advance. :)

shadow007, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  2. lyth0s

lyth0s Member

Best Answers:
    Well with the joomla SEF enabled you shouldnt see index.php. It should just be mysite.com/cerified-training/

Make sure you turn on SEF and apache rewrite mod in the site configuration. What you need to do is create a link with the alias of "certified-training" then add another link, to another article, called "hypnotherapy-masters" and set its parent menu item to be "certified-training".

lyth0s, Apr 7, 2011 IP
  3. meghraj27

meghraj27 Peon

Best Answers:
    lythOs is right enable apche mod rewrite first to remove "index.php" from the url ... and the same which he said.....

+
    Url with slash "/" doesn't mean that there are directories or it make directories when we create menu items , it is joomla ........bossssssssssssss, everything is in Databse , it manages such URL's using db, and not by making directories_________

meghraj27, Apr 17, 2011 IP