1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seems like Freedom of Speach on DP is not liked by some ....

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bbn, Oct 12, 2007.

Seems like Freedom of Speach on DP is not liked by some. Most likely muslims.
    I suspect turkish hackers are hardly trying to silence voices about the Armenian genocide, the Islamic terrorism and all other truths they don't want to be exposed.

This shows one thing. A lot of muslims don't give a crap about our democratic values and will do anything they can to hurt us.

Anyway they are free not to visit this forum if they don't like it. But attacking with DOS attacks DP just shows their true nature.

bbn, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  2. Xplicit.Syrian

Xplicit.Syrian Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright i edited my post after i read the site suggestion section.... Some people take it to the heart, which is wrong. DP has nothing to do with what some of the users have to say.

Xplicit.Syrian, Oct 12, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  3. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >.>

Actually if you read the comments in site feedback and other threads there are people taking credit and citing the issues they felt "wronged" by.

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  4. sinangunay

sinangunay Peon

Best Answers:
    check out my previous post on this forum.
    " In regards to your acts, see topic for true. Please do not touch my religion anymore"

I am sure it will be deleted and I will be banned. After it, I will ask you about being democratic. By the way could you please be more specific with being democratic? Is it attacking to people's religions or pioneers? If yes, open a book and read the meaning there ;)

sinangunay, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  5. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Well... why is it if I say Jesus was meaningless I will get flamed by Christians, and yet if I say Muhammad is meaningless I will get flamed - literally with a blow torch or have my site shut down by DDOSing... this makes sense?

Freedom of Speech means that I can have any opinion, and express that opinion no matter how right or wrong it is without the threat of violence. Taking words of others seriously is asinine. It is my right as a United States Citizen to hold any opinion I want to, I could believe the world is flat, I could believe there is a sky fairy controlling all of man, I could believe there is a Santa Clause who kills children at night with blocks of cheese, and then I could go out and say them. No one will kill me for it, or attack my website. They'll argue, like rational human beings, they however won't go out of their way to attack me, my home, my businesses, or anything in that matter... because they are rational human beings. Attacking a site and threatening to attack it forever is a sign of serious mental illness.

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  6. sinangunay

sinangunay Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I do accept attacking is not a solution. But I am sorry how you guys have some bad people in, we do have the same here too. This can not be stopped. But, politics or freedom shouldn't be in the way of attacking other's valuable things.

These kinds of acts stayed in the last century or earlier.. If these are okay with you, I will try to bomb here with posts regarding to bad people of USA or Jewish or Christian people EVEN we love them and all religions are sent by God to have people's lifes coordinated.

Yeah I can do it and name it with Freedom. Ha ha we are not children at the age of 7 please. This is not the freedom or politics...

sinangunay, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do they have Dancing with the Stars over there in the Arab world?

guerilla, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  8. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone insults your mother, would you say it is okay and it is free speech??? Or would you try to knock him out????
    Well, to muslims, Muhammad is dearer than their own parents.
    If Christians do not feel the need to react strongly when their faith or symbols of their faith are insulted, then that's their problem!
    Muslims do not have to take abuse of their Prophet or their faith, just because christians accept that their own faith be insulted.

With free speech comes responsibility.
    Free speech does not give you the right to insult others. If you deliberately provoke someone or insult something that they hold sacred, expect consequences.
    If you don't believe me, just walk right into an african american neighborhood and start calling people the N word and see what happens to you.

We don't have to agree with one another. Heck, we don't even have to like one another. But if we are to live together, we must learn to respect one another.

ablaye, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are we still talking about the website attack here? Because if so, please show me where I insulted anyone about anything.

Or did you mean to say, "If someone insults your mother, would you say it is okay and it is free speech??? Or would you try to bomb the places that person visits???" Might be more fitting.

digitalpoint, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  10. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was not talking about you in particular.
    This is a general statement about free speech and how some people use this excuse to gratiously insult others. Then they cry fool when the people they insult behave irrationally.

However, I do think that P&R forum went out of control for too long. People were getting offended unnecessarily. Posts insulting other people's religions or their religious symbols or statements like "I hate muslims" were not something that should have been tolerated.

I don't think that attacking this site (which has helped so many webmasters including me) was the right thing to do. I also don't think that the hateful posts should have been tolerated either.

ablaye, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a private forum, owned by a private businessman. There should be no expectation of "freedom of speech". The owner reserves the rights to moderate, delete, ban and set the talking points. I have a forum, and that is how I run it.

Free Speech is something legislated as a "right" between a citizen and a government. You can say anything you want on a public street, but you can't come into my house or on my property and preach to me.

guerilla, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  12. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    If someone insults my mother... I stand back and take cover... and if its around that monthly time... I run. Far away. I'm nearing my mid 20's, and you can be damn sure I wont stick around to see what happens - I pity the fool. She can take care of herself.

Jackuul, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  13. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Simply put you cannot censor anything you don't like (although in this case it worked) generally it doesn't work & never has. The attack you speak of was not done because someone questioned a prophet (although they were mad at that too - they get mad at anything) it was because someone posted a thread about the Armenian genocide, that is pathetic.

If i went around trying to remove everything i didn't agree with then i would probably be making death threats to half of DP who post in the P&R (you included) does this make sense?

Toopac, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  14. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    you guys are still going on about it? How many times ppl requested to stop religious threads. It doesnt work in real world, you expect to work it here? Unless its some kinda of fun to you and a way to increase your post count ?

Anyways, I think it's not possible to do, there are too many "believers", but watch out, Crazy_Rob will get everyone now :)

N_F_S, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  15. Ireq

Ireq Peon

Best Answers:
    It is obvious that some topics will generate hate and if you adress them improperly you will gain nothing but opponents.

Ireq, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  16. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think the turks acted irresponsibly and were blinded by their anger. but the tone of debate was pretty nasty sometimes too.

pizzaman, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  17. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The blame can be thrown from one side to the other. Will not solve anything.

Religious discussion is possible if both parties from the start are on the same page of civilized debate.

M5love, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  18. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, before the attack i didn't have an opinion about the Armenian genocide one way or the other, but it looks to me after such attacks that they were trying to censor threads to hide something.

Toopac, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  19. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i was online. the first attack was not about armainan but about kurds and pkk

pizzaman, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  20. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Still stupid stuff, regardless. It was about some extremely patriotic Turks who would behead you for even mentioning them, but in this case they just adopted a new method to adapt to the cyber world.

When even AGS disagrees with what happened you can tell it's very wrong lol

Toopac, Oct 13, 2007 IP