1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seeking advice for user interface design at early stage, starting with me

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by pipes, Feb 24, 2012.

For a web app idea of mine (first time) i want to design the user interface, im not experienced at this so by design i think i mean to use maybe paper then an online tool for creating a mockup or wireframe, whatever, this would then be passed on and i would have the site developed/designed properly of course.

As i will outsource development and design of the web app i know that i cant just give vague info and expect them to know what i want, at the moment even i dont have a picture in my mind of how the interface will look.

As with all things to do with creating web apps and sites i know that there are best practices etc so i hope that you might be able to suggest books, blogs, sites, articles that i might find useful at this stage.

Im currently looking at a book called Designed For Use http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designed-Us...6751/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330114733&sr=8-1

Obviously im not looking at becoming an expert in this but want to know enough to get my idea crudely organised enough that it can then be built.

pipes, Feb 24, 2012 IP