1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seeing Search Queries For AdSense WebSearch

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by digitalpoint, Jul 7, 2004.

?

Would you like to see the queries for your WebSearch?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Really don't care either way

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
    For those of you using the WebSearch for AdSense, I'm curious if anyone would like the ability to see who is searching for what from your site?

digitalpoint, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be pretty nice- would google do it though? Or would it be something your thinking about creating?

schlottke, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I could make a tool to do it, but so far I'm not really into it... It has no value to me personally (not something I would use), so...

4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn, What is "WebSearch for AdSense"? It would be interesting to know this detail but of very limited value in my mind. We spent too damn much time looking at every kind of, mostly useless, data all day long now. Who needs more useless data?

compar, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  5. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bob, Google recently rolled out a new program for AdSense users. You can now add a Google web and/or site search function to your site. The search results include adwords listings at the top and bottom and revenue from them is shared just like content targeted AdSense ads.

Bernard, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys, I was aware of that but hadn't picked up the name yet. Shawn I know you have a site search tool, but I use Atomz search on several site that I operate or that we have designed for others. They provide very complete statistics on what people are searching for. Does anyone else use Atomz?

compar, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  8. SENewbie

SENewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the queries of what people are searching for for WebSearch although I get so few searches (maybe 5-10 per day) that I don't think it matters much. I like data regardless of whether its usefull or not, don't ask me why...

Compar, I tried Atmoz a month ago and I thought it worked really well and I liked the real-time reporting of search queries. Some interesting searches too :) . I took it off though b/c right around the time I put it on I was having some issues in my log files about an inflated # of page views so I removed Atomz thinking this might have had something to do with it. Turns out it was something else but I never put it back on and now I'm just using Google Websearch.

SENewbie, Jul 8, 2004 IP