1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEDO vs. Parked.com domain parking?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Pixelrage, Mar 24, 2009.

For anyone who'se used both services, which one did you have a better experience with? I use Parked - the amount of stuff you can do with your sites is great (meta, insert a picture, change colors, etc) but the payoff sucks, even for niches that I know pay off well - usually .01-.02 cents per click, sometimes you'll get lucky and earn .07-.10 but it's rare.

Pixelrage, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  2. jiggymehta

jiggymehta Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used sedo..their pay off is also decent..but cant give you a comparison..

jiggymehta, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  3. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Does SEDO let you add a title & meta description?

Pixelrage, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  4. lifenetwork

lifenetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using SEDO, I am fully satisfied because some time the payment of per click is good. But have no idea on PARKED.

lifenetwork, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  5. sjsjsj215

sjsjsj215 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried trafficz and namedrive etc. and virtually everything....nothing is better than Sedo or SedoPro (if u can get in)
    Sedo pays highest for most of the stuff. With sedopro you can optimize the keywords etc....and templates and CTR is also nice.

With others no matter how good they maybe....whatever they allow you to customize....what matters at the end of the day is what they pay....

sjsjsj215, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  6. avanta

avanta Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree with SEDO

avanta, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  7. edjackiel

edjackiel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard many say that the pay, not to mention customer support is better at Parked than Sedo at another domain forum. The landers definitely look better at Parked and it may just improve the CTR. Perhaps Sedo has been around for too long with the same old landers and Internet users have grown tired of them, recognizing them as pages full of ads but without content.

Sedo accepts everyone, but you need to apply for Parked.com, although I've heard its not too difficult if you have several decent domains. I believe an extra bonus of Parked.com is that they pay more often after you get to payout, NET15 vs a longer time for Sedo.

I have never really tried either of the services, but you should probably jsut give both a try. Unfortunately though, I truly believe that the model of domain parking is on its way out.

edjackiel, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  8. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find your experience with Sedo interesting. Generally Sedo's payouts have been regarded as quite low compared to the other parking vendors. I wonder if they have changed their payout methos.

I use NameDrive myself (approx 35 domains there) and customisations as well as payouts are quite good. At least 3 of my sites bring get > $1 per ad click, with a few others around the $.50/ad click.

Claudek, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  9. wakkaoaka

wakkaoaka Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont use any of them, instead I use WhyPark, it's a much better way to monetize domains.

wakkaoaka, Mar 28, 2009 IP
  10. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Claudek: that's funny, I've used Namedrive for almost 2 years, and I barely made .75 cents per month parking around 250 domains.

Pixelrage, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  11. lifenetwork

lifenetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very say. I have one domain on Sedo parking, today 3 clicks and made 5.90 Euro.

lifenetwork, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  12. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm making about $15/mo now that I switched to Parked.com. However, that still kind of sucks....I've been working on mini sites lately.

13. vovan_forever

vovan_forever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Parked usually pays more per click but the last a couple days I see some very crazy stats there. Today they accepted only 30% of my visitors I don't really know what is about so I am thinking I am going to move my domains back to sedo. By the way you usually get more traffic on sedo somehow.

vovan_forever, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  14. Bradders

Bradders Member

Best Answers:
    Weird looking at everyone's different rates! im on NAmedrive to i have 2 domains and making around $1.50 - $2 a day! and i only launched them last friday!

regrds,
    B.

Bradders, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard that Namedrive is only good for ccTLDs and non-US based domains, I still don't understand why, though.

16. hexum88

hexum88 Peon

Best Answers:
    I seems to me that everyone's answer is slightly different. To get the best results, just try a few of them and go with one that works best for you.

hexum88, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  17. Suziclue

Suziclue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They all suck. But i switched to Sedo cuz they seem to get more traffic than Google and parked..and the click through is like 30% on most domains.. Wierd.. cuz when I make pages for high volume visited sites..I get no where near that amount of random visitors.. Maybe it's from buyers who's trying to buy the domain when I list it on Sedo.. But that shouldn't go away as the domain is still listed for sale with them..

Hemm....interesting! someone come up with a ligit answer..

Suziclue, Mar 30, 2009 IP
  18. evil

evil Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Parked according to my experience pays more compared to Sedo (usually the double).
    Namedrive is also good at the same level of Parked.
    Sedo can be used for international traffic (Middle East, Asia, South America).

evil, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  19. Aidan_from_Namedrive

Aidan_from_Namedrive Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

It's very interesting to read the various reviews for the 3 parking companies in question and see the conflicting opinions of the rate of payouts. In the end there is no one 'best parking platform'. For any domainer with a good size portfolio the only way to get the most revenue from it is to test it with each company and split the domains up according to who pays the best per domain. If you are planning on doing this you should leave the domains with each parking co for at least 3 weeks to get fair results.

If anyone parked at ND wants me to have a look at their account feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

Aidan

Aidan_from_Namedrive, Mar 31, 2009 IP
  20. evelyn.mendes

evelyn.mendes Peon

Best Answers:
    I used NameDrive as the registration was really simple.. but din earn much..

evelyn.mendes, Apr 3, 2009 IP