1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SearchLove 2015

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ChazB, Aug 26, 2015.

I looked around for an Events section on the forum but no luck...

Basically, just wondering if anyone is attending SearchLove this year and where? Last year was my first and I'm really looking forward to another visit in 2015.

I've gotten some amazing insights from the talks there and I'd be interested to see what other people's thoughts were on it.

ChazB, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  2. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please do inform me for one, I have not attended this at all. Where was it last year?

Mehdi.b, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    OK, I will be honest, since you asked. It's the stupidest idea ever. They charge $1000-$1600 per ticket for a two day event. I don't know what idiot (I mean this generally) would want to spend that kind of money on the things that won't work for 99% of the people. There's this one scammer that holds conferences in FL on how to successfully flip houses. People flock to his conferences like they have no brains whatsoever. At the end, he gets all the cash from the packages they buy (that hold the "secrets" to successful house-flipping). The truth is out of all the people attending his conferences less than 1% ends up successfully flipping houses.

Same goes for these conferences. What "insights" or "secrets" do they know that I or anybody else can't Google? Better yet, what "insights" or "secrets" do they know that will work for the majority of people? They don't.

If your site or business is worth it, spend those $1000-$1600 on AdWords or Facebook Ads instead. At least, you'll get some tangible results.

qwikad.com, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  4. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    I could see where you're coming from qwikad if the conference was organised by one person in order to flog a piece of software or a book, but that's not what SearchLove is about. Have you ever attended one? Organised by Distilled, a UK marketing agency, the conference brings industry professionals from all over the globe to share their knowledge. It's not "I know this great secret and you'll have to pay me to learn it", it is about sharing insights, techniques and skills so that the industry grows as a whole.

Last year was my first conference of this type and I was blown away. Being able to listen to different speakers share their knowledge and offer my own insights as well was extremely beneficial, as I was fairly new to the eCommerce market. I came away with new contacts, new leads, new information and new techniques to implement into my own work and improve it.

Yes, I could Google some of it or read an article, but that's not the same as sitting round a table with a dozen people with years of experience talking and sharing ideas. And I was able to give advice and insights to others looking for the same. This exchange of ideas is what conferences like SearchLove are all about.

ChazB, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you work for them or something and I regret taking the bait.

This is what their main page says: "A two-day event, SearchLove brings together some of the world’s leading thinkers in online marketing. Get up to speed on the latest in search, analytics, content creation, optimizing your website, paid promotions and more."

I don't know maybe a "and more" is the secret juice, but everything else is just normal stuff anyone can Google.

But to each its own. I wouldn't waste up to $1600 on something you can find at no charge.

qwikad.com, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  6. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't work for them. I just see the value in a sharing culture, especially within our industry. There was no bait, I was merely interested in sharing a view on something I find beneficial.

I believe the "more" simply relates to more aspects of the digital industry. It would be a very long page to list them all...

But, as you say, each to their own.

ChazB, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So this is a SEO conference. I was thinking you were searching for love (which obviously makes sense on a webmaster forum).

dcristo, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  8. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    Lol! Not on this forum anyway... :D

ChazB, Aug 28, 2015 IP