1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

searchfeed feedback

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by vorapolpanya, Mar 31, 2004.

hi all,

i am interested in usnig "searchfeed" as an advertiser. the cost per click + minimum investment is much lower comparing to overture , google and shopping.com.

this proably won't tell much unless i can compare the ROI.

my business is online gemstone jewelry. I would love to hear inputs from experienced one. especially ROI comparision for jewelry business among these PPC engines.

Please help me out.

thank you
    jim

vorapolpanya, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Where do their ads appear? If it's cheap, it's not going to do a lot of good if you only get one impression per day. :)

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  3. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    I do have same questions in mind. I read from a forum that they partner with findwhat.com to deliver traffics mailnly. Also, they use affilate/partner sites to deliver the search result. i have no reference on impression and CTR though.

I run a gemstone jewelry site and now lower the price significantly. My margin is now not enable me to advertise on high price overture , google and shopping.com PPC anymore. (my strategy is offernig the most attractive pricing since I have got no sales for the last attempt on overture & shopping.com & google.)

without traffics, i am dead anyway. so I desperately need traffics with less cost.

SEO attempt is not effective yet. any recommendation on the cost effective PPC is highly appreicated

jim
    Great Savings on gemstone Jewelry - sapphire jewelry - ruby jewelry

vorapolpanya, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  4. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    Hi Jim
    I don't think you are looking at things from the right angle. I mean if the more expensive and more proven traffic is not converting then you are only attemping to find ways to marginalize yourself further by looking for the cheapest traffic.

If your price is your unique sales proposition and you do not think of creative ways to build value then people will keep taking your lunch from you day in and day out.

As far as SEO goes you should put more content on your individual products pages. Also where you have the ability to read and write reviews you probably should not offer the read reviews option if it is going to lead a person to a blank page.

awall19, Apr 8, 2004 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I think as much as anything you need to have some patience. I get the impression that your website cost you a $1000 a day to have up sometimes from your posts in these forums.

SEO, done, properly, will bring results. If your impatient, or don;t think you can handle it, hire a pro. Good seo is better long term investment than paying every ppc company you come acroos. When you stop paying the ppc they stop displaying your ad. A site, properly seo'd by a pro, can bring quality traffic for quite some time.

GuyFromChicago, Apr 8, 2004 IP
  6. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks much for the feedbacks. sometimes, i've never thought about you guys 's idea.

totally agree with SEO, the firm i chose failed to deliver. so i lost my valuable time & money. any recommendation??

vorapolpanya, Apr 10, 2004 IP
  7. ginostylz

ginostylz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a directory which uses searchfeed as content "sponsored listings" section. I don't get all that much traffic to it, but I don't get a lot of money with them at all per click.
    Problems:
    not enough advertisers, so they put poorely matched links on my pages at times.
    Not enough webmasters using them to draw in advertisers.

They upload your stats once a day, so it is not real time. Well if you put the searchfeed integration on your site anyway. I don't know that much about how it is yet for the advertiser.

I was thinking about signing up too. Let us know if they bring a lot of traffic!

ginostylz, Apr 25, 2004 IP
  8. aab

aab Peon

Best Answers:
    wanna share my experience here.

I signed up about 2 weeks ago. the traffic volume is ZERO. i do not get any clicks at all from searchfeed.

strange huh? how can searchfeed survive without advertiser contribution?

i have multiple keywords listing and per keyword suggestion tools, my targeted keywords are search at lest 900/ day. i got zip, zero from searchfeed.

any success story ?

aab, May 15, 2004 IP
  9. younghistorians

younghistorians Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Searchfeed as an affiliate and have loved every minute of it, however, ive heard some bad rumors about using them as an advertiser. Their support has been kinda shady, but the costs are pretty low.

I'd be careful with them.

younghistorians, Jun 7, 2004 IP
  10. dragon2

dragon2 Peon

Best Answers:
    we recently advertised through searchfeed. Here was our experience:

1: The clicks were very rapidly delivered :)
    2: Each "visitor" lasted only for a few seconds :(
    3: NONE of the visitors went beyond the home page :(
    4: 80% plus of the visitors came from
    http://www.phoenixrising.ws/fury/click.php :(

In case you do not find this site active, it is a kind of gambling site where they ask you to click on the advertiser link below, regardless of whether you are interested or not! They have to click on it to continue.

We notified Searchfeed and they said they'd warned their network partner, and of course, convinced us to buy more traffic.

This time, over 90% of our traffic was these ghost clicks. Of course Searchfeed has not replied to our emails any more.

If you do not mind getting ghost clicks, then advertise with Searchfeed. We get a few 1000 pay per click visits from different sources. Our experience with Searchfeed was based on about 600-700 clicks. Not one of them was an interested party.

dragon2, Aug 1, 2004 IP
  11. dr.sam

dr.sam Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the problem with them will be less traffic.

dr.sam, Aug 1, 2004 IP
  12. MJR

MJR Peon

Best Answers:
    The imortant thing is the ROI. :)

MJR, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  13. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    i used searchfeed. # traffics is not bad but i feel that it's not targetted.
    the log files shows the weird sites from france and some totally unknown site.

all in all...and NO conversion at all.

i stopped use them completely.

simply my experience ,it may work out with otehrs/???

vorapolpanya, Sep 5, 2004 IP