1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search works, getting a few errors

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by carter, Jul 11, 2004.

This script is great. I think the problems are probably with my server, but I am hoping there is an easy fix. We're running PHP on a Windows server... not my choice, but the previous designer developed a shopping cart with Access...

Any way, I am getting these errors on the results page:

Notice: Undefined index: start in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium3\h6admin\webroot\searchsite\results.php on line 31

Notice: Undefined variable: q in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium3\h6admin\webroot\searchsite\header.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined variable: line in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium3\h6admin\webroot\searchsite\results.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined index: error in \\brink-premfs1\sites\premium3\h6admin\webroot\searchsite\results.php on line 80

The search works great except for getting those lines on the results page. Any thoughts?

carter, Jul 11, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You have your PHP set beyond the default error reporting... if you add the following to the beginning of your results.php file, does it fix it?

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
    PHP:
    Let me know if it does, as I'll add it to the normal distribution if so...

digitalpoint, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  3. carter

carter Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the errors stayed when I added the code to results.php, and then I added it to header.php, and that notice error went away as well. Thanks so much!

carter, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Cool, I'm going to add it to the distribution so it doesn't happen to anyone else. :)

digitalpoint, Jul 12, 2004 IP