1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

search volume and 1st page traffic

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by liqdwork, Jul 1, 2009.

I am on a first page for two keywords, I am number 7 from the top for one keyword and number 8 from the top for another keyword. The total combined monthly search volume (exact match) for two keywords is 11,000 according to adwords keyword tool. The total combined monthly search volume (broad match) for two keywords is 30,000. What do you guys think my daily traffic is for those keywords? Let me pause for a second, try to think of a number. The answer is my daily traffic ranges from 2 to 10 people a day maximum.

If I work with a lower number, 11,000 monthly search volume (exact match)

11k / 30 days = 366 daily exposures of my site.

What is the percentage of users that could visit your site if you are number 7/8 on a page? I heard that it is 5% or so. In that case 2 - 10 people a day kind of makes sense.

Basically, I am not really frustrated about those numbers. I just would like to know from your experience the percentage of users you get for being number 1, number 5, number 10 etc ...

liqdwork, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  2. In4Om

In4Om Peon

Best Answers:
    According to my experience, it also depends on the niché of the site that you have. I mean how far people go looking for some stuff depends o what exactly they are looking for.

You won't believe, I was ranked on the 3rd page around 23-27 and I used to get 17-25 hits on those keywords each day. :)

In4Om, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  3. search_junkie

search_junkie Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe this is what you require....

http://seo-greenhouse.com/2008/11/serp-rank-traffic-calculator/

search_junkie, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  4. zidit

zidit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never get into top10 so I don't know the answer in this question 555

zidit, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  5. linksmeter

linksmeter Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello you need to check the volume on location basis and check the ranking of your site on those location. This way you can get an exact estimate of search engine traffic. Sometimes the Title of your site also affects your traffic. People tend to click on low serp result if they find their title eye catchy...

linksmeter, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  6. affiliates4seo

affiliates4seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, you are searching in Google adwords keyword external tool.

Google Adwords keyword external tool provides the results from their entire network, which includes Google Adwords and partner sites.

If you use word tracker or freekeywordsuggestion tool, it helps u in a right way.

And if your business targets regionally, then check your keyword position in the region. Set region in Google WMT.

All the best....

affiliates4seo, Jul 2, 2009 IP