1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Tool stopped working on my site

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by worlddreamer, May 3, 2004.

Hi there, I was really chuffed to have the search tool from you guys working fine on my site. I recently updated it and moved the tool slightly keeping all the code intact, and it's stopped working.

I've tried putting it in again from scratch, but no joy.
    can you take a look at let me know what it could be.

http://www.thedreamfactory.net/about_df.htm

cheers.

Paul h

worlddreamer, May 3, 2004 IP
  2. worlddreamer

worlddreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    I meant to say that that "no results" is coming up all the time now, whereas I had loads of results for keywords such as 'coaching' 'network' before

worlddreamer, May 3, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, May 3, 2004 IP
  4. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Over here I see where google has spidered 34 pages of your website however I could not find the search tool on your website to use it..... Did you remove it?

It doesn't matter where you stick the code as long as you have the results pages in the same directory. You said that you tried to install it from scratch.... does this mean fresh... remember that you need to re-enter your google api and your website information.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to see if you had did anything correctly in the php code or look at it via your website, other than run the search.

The php code will be rendered as HTML and will not tell us anything unless you have them available for download from your website and I would not do that because everybody and their borther would then have your google api... :)

Just check to make sure that you have your google API in the right place.. Chances are that is why it is not working.

hope it Helps

Wayne

ProductivePC, Jun 4, 2004 IP