1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engine Script Question

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by irish_ladie, Mar 15, 2004.

Hi Shawn

I have a question about your tool in general - might sound like a strange question. Is a search tool a good thing to have on your website? I dont have a search tool at all and of course would like to enhance my site in anyway possible.

irish_ladie, Mar 15, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, if your site is big enough that users visiting your sites need (or would just like) it, then it's worth it. But if it doesn't add value to your users, it's not worth it...

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 15, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the question is exactly what did you have in mind when you asked if it was "good". Good for who? Good for what?

As Shawn said if you mean good for your viewers then it may well be depending on the size of the site and the difficulty of finding things.

If you mean good for business or selling things then probably yes unless your catalogue is very organized or your product line very small.

If you mean good from the point of view of ranking in the SERPs then probably not. I've never heard anyone suggest that the search engines reward a site for the use of onsite search.

compar, Mar 24, 2004 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    It's "good" is you have a large site that's somewhat difficult for users to navigate and find what they're looking for. For smaller sites, or sites that are extremely well organized it may add some "bells and whistles", but won't bring any real value.

I'll use it eventually, but for the time being my sites are all small enough that it's really not needed. I'm working on that though...

GuyFromChicago, Mar 24, 2004 IP