1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search engine script help

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by General Grant, Feb 3, 2005.

I used to get alot of traffic using this script, I had keywords on my Online Gift Shopping site linked to it, and certain search engines gulped it up.

What I did, and what I'm trying to do again, is use the keywords to link to other scripts on my site. You can see what I mean here.

It's the links on the sidebar that are giving me troules. I've used the ' . stripslashes ($HTTP_GET_VARS['q']) . ' to make the anchor text, but for some reason, only the first word of the phrase is in the actual link. I had this working before, but I can't remember what I did, or maybe the script itself has changed?

What could I do to make the whole phrase show up in the URL, rather than just the first word?

General Grant, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Looks like it's all there to me.

digitalpoint, Feb 3, 2005 IP
  3. General Grant

General Grant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the links on the sidebar, only the 1st word of the phrase is in the link, the complete phrase in the the anchor text, but not the actual link.

General Grant, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Beats me... I didn't code that.

digitalpoint, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  5. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    $HTTP_GET_VARS is deprecated you should use $_GET (unless using an old PHP version). Is the problem persistent? Paste the relevant code, so I can help.

nullbit, Feb 21, 2005 IP