1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Search Engine Script and "Non-commercial" use...

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by jesse, Jan 2, 2005.

The Search Engine Script is amazing; for the last few days I've been trying to find a way to have my google site search restricted to certain directories, and SES is the first success I've had. But, the site I'm going to use this for is an online magazine that contains banners (most of which are given to print advertisers as perks, but some of which are paid for). We also sell subscriptions. Does that make the site "commerical" and therefore in violation of the "non-commerical" use? What do you think?

If that is the case, can anyone recommend a work-around with Google's Site Search to restrict content to a specific directory?

Thanks for any advice.

jesse, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  2. jesse

jesse Guest

Best Answers:
    Just a quick follow-up; I know that some of the free in-site search engines like FreeFind and Atomz can restrict search results to certain directories, but the site in question is over their allowed page limit.

Thanks for any info on this issue.

jesse, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your best bet would be to ask Google. Personally I don't think it would be commercial since you aren't making money from the search itself.

digitalpoint, Jan 3, 2005 IP