1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scumbagged.com - Review Website Concept & Provide Constructive Feedback

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ArtiFax, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Would you submit someone anonymously?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Description: Submit anonymous articles exposing local police, politicians, government officials, businesses, websites and normal everyday people.

Review Aspects: Please provide constructive analysis of the website in its entirety from design to seo to concept to monetization.

More Info: It has been online for a little more than a year and has had dozens of viral articles during that time. However, the submissions are slow and hence the publications are limited which hampers the traffic and the readers grow hungry. Facebook has also deleted the social networking account more than 5 times which obviously has hurt.

Thanks and looking forward to your reviews!

ArtiFax, Jul 12, 2018 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Feels a bit 'busy' in terms of just cramming stuff in without any real organization or consistency... the fixed metric (pixel sized) fonts are a middle finger to accessibility norms, there are a few minor spots where it's hard to make things out due to the low color contrasts (the blue on white) and the site logo looks more like a rendering error that intentional design the way it's 'chopped off' at the bottom. Keyboard and alternative navigation is also totally banjaxed, likely caused by non-semantic markup and/or improper/invalid use of numbered headings.

The biggest thing I noticed though? Painfully slow to watch load. This is hardly a surprise once I pull up a waterfall as the page only has 8k of plaintext and about two dozen content images, but is plagued with a disastrous 203k of HTML (around ten times what should have been used), a megabyte and a half of CSS spanning 13 separate files when media targets aren't even in use (when most such websites have NO excuse for more than 48k of CSS in one file per media="" target), and 59 separate scripts sucking down megabytes for nothing of value.

Popping the bonnet to look at the code, the issues become readily apparent -- turdpress. As such all the hallmarks of front end developer INEPTITUDE so common to turdpress templates is running wild. Static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, endless pointless presentational classes for NOTHING, endless pointless DIV for nothing, absolute URI's for nothing, gibberish use of what few semantic tags are present, <noscript> in <head> where it's invalid, <style> in <body> where it's invalid, load blocking <scripts> in <head>, scripttardery being used to control the layout, scripttardery doing CSS' job...

Entirely what I've come to expect every time someone gets SUCKERED into using a overglorified blog for grandma for anything more grandiose than what it was created for.

ANYONE who knows the first damned thing about HTML would/should recoil in HORROR at the body tag through first content-bearing element alone.

<body class="home page-template page-template-page-pagebuilder-latest page-template-page-pagebuilder-latest-php page page-id-39 scumbagged-com global-block-template-1 wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.1.1 vc_responsive td-animation-stack-type0 td-full-layout" itemscope="itemscope" itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage">

<div class="td-scroll-up"><i class="td-icon-menu-up"></i></div>

<div class="td-menu-background"></div>
    <div id="td-mobile-nav">
        <div class="td-mobile-container">
            <!-- mobile menu top section -->
            <div class="td-menu-socials-wrap">
                <!-- socials -->
                <div class="td-menu-socials">

<span class="td-social-icon-wrap">
                <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/scumbaggedcom/" title="Facebook">
                    <i class="td-icon-font td-icon-facebook"></i>
                </a>
            </span>

Code (markup):
    Anyone telling you that markup should be on a website needs a three pound lump hammer introduced to their groin with great passion and force. Sadly that describes 99%+ of the ignorant twaddles pissing out websites in turdpress!

So there's a LOT wrong with it, most of which is likely contributing to why it may be floundering. Pretty much the ENTIRE front end codebase belongs in the trash. It's easily ten times the markup, 100 times the CSS, and 200 times the JavaScript an information oriented site with that same content should be using. Your choice of a off the shelf toy blog instead of a custom CMS likely being a contributor to that.

deathshadow, Jul 21, 2018 IP