1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scrolling Blues :o

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Rhosyn, Apr 9, 2005.

Hello there all

Well normally I struggle to find answers to things myself, but I think I just hit the brain overload, I am trying to do two things in dreamweaver.

I have a page I do not want to move from the centre of the screen, and within that page I want a text area that scrolls, ok now I can do that no problem, there is my wee scrolly area. But and here is the total hair pulling bit, screen res design box is in the centre just where i want it to be, then I change res argggggggg the dang thing has thrown a fit and gone to the left, it does not move within the layer I want it to, so here is the question how do I make it stick and stay within a set area.. Ohh this is a piggie to explain, ok link me thinks, this is what I do not want this to do:

http://www.avalonbears.com/newtest.htm

This is just a thrown together example, but if you are in a high res then its fine the box is happy and sits there a treet, but if i chante to 600x800 the box throws itself all over the place :( how can i get the little rascal to sit there, like i said wayyyyyyy up there I use dreamweaver and errr im self taught so be gentle.

Thanks for you help

*PS I forgot to mention that some of the people that will see the site refuse to scroll down they want the page glued to the spot *laughs* the irony of *I dont mind scrolling if there are no normal scroll bars and long pages*

Rhosyn, Apr 9, 2005 IP