1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script to update sitemap automatically and include new pages?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by NAZAM.COM, Nov 22, 2005.

Is there a script to update the sitemap.xml file automatically and then call Google to pick upt he ammended .xml file?

There are a lot of free sitemap generators out there, but it would be a real hassle to manually update the .xml every time we added new pages.

My second question is, is it necessary to use Google's sitemap generator which is quite complicated (is it complicated because it does the automated update I'm asking about above?)?

Which are the simplest and best generators to use?

Thank you.

NAZAM.COM, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  2. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    I am using PHP Sitemap- very easy to use. No need to use Google’s generator.

I guess you could execute the script via a crontab job. Only problem I can see is that the sitemap will be generated automatically every day or to whatever you have set it regardless if the site has changed or not.
    You might end up spamming Google with your updates, but I am not sure on this one.

noniman, Nov 22, 2005 IP