1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script Seller profile

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Aug 19, 2013.

1. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @mytechiestuff
    Really can't see your problem here, aside from the sellers username which if you click you can send him a PM, there's even a big green button on the sales page that say's "Questions/Support" where you can contact the seller direct from his site, perhaps if you removed your head from your backside you'll be able to see it....just like everyone else can.

malky66, Aug 26, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  2. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "..... where you would prefer it...."

Well, as you know, I was not able to find the seller of the script because it had a "micro presence", until that is, the "helpful arrows" were sent over to me.

Those who were in the know did not need the arrows and were of course able to get to the info without a problem.
    As a new comer to the new and improved DP however, I had no idea as to where I could find the vital info about the seller/writer of the script that I was hoping to buy for my clients.

It stands to reason that if I could not find the required info, then perhaps many other visitors to the site could also not find the info that they needed and so they may have left the site without any further interaction!

In answer to your question, why not have the the seller of the scripts have a "profile box" on the top left corner of the seller's post, just as it is the case with the sellers of the web sites, which then can lead the buyers, if they so wish, to the profile page of the seller and even to the recent posts by the seller etc.?

Please believe me when I say that it is much more important for the buyer to know all that he can about the creator/seller of the scripts than it is about the seller of the web sites.

I say this because it is important for me to be able to be absolutely sure about the product and/or services that I get for my clients, many of whom have depended on me and have made a lot of money with me since the mid Nineties!

So as I said, I can appreciate the fact that many of the kids that you have around you, such as in the brown etc, can never understand what it means to be responsible for the investments by the clients who depend on you and therefore to have to fight on their behalf if needed, to get the very best possible deal for them, even if the inevitable belligerence resulting from fighting for the clients, occasionally upsets some lesser individuals and idiots with no experience of real life.

Thanks and I do hope (for my sake and that of my client's) that you can keep this really useful forum going for some time to come, in spite of some of the silly kids that you have around you.

mytechiestuff, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should go back and re-read this thread from the beginning. You more or less were raging about something not being available to you and you being unable to contact the seller or know who the seller is. @browntwn was actually being fairly helpful given the amount of raging you were doing and insisting that he info just isn't there.

As far as your suggestion of moving the name of the author from the upper right to the upper left, I'm honestly not really sure how much that would solve. If you didn't see it on the right with all the other related info (like when it was uploaded, last updated, rating, etc.), I'm not really sure moving that info to the same place on the left would help all that much either.

digitalpoint, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  4. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "@browntwn was actually being fairly helpful"
    I see, so In the Brown was in fact trying to help me?
    Well then I must have misunderstood his intentions and so you must be sure and thank him for me!

"I'm not really sure moving that info to the same place on the left would help all that much either."

I do not want to go over again what I have already said to you and so if you believe that the miniscule micro presence of the most vital of the required information for a buyer of a script should be placed over in the right hand of the site, in a very small font (as though there was an intent to hide the said info) when numerous studies have proven that the consumers naturally look for information starting from the top left of a page, then I give up trying to help make the DP as it used to be.

All the best and good luck.

KC

mytechiestuff, Aug 26, 2013 IP