1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script for static page generation from user input?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ChinaNick, Jun 18, 2005.

Hi,

I have a site with many users who'd like to add comments etc to it, and the design requires this to be done in the form of additional pages rather than adding content to already present pages. As the site is large and has MANY users, I don't want to put on a lot of dynamic pages, as my databases are at the limits already. I'm unfortunately rather bad at programming :( , and a quick search didn't turn up any good script for this - does anybody have a script to recommend for this?

What I need is a script that:

1. Collects User input
    2. Changes it into html code, as users will probably not enter <p> for breaks..
    3. Write it into a ne file
    4. Store the file in a new directory on my server
    5. Put a link to the new page onto the parent page

Any suggestions? :confused: Partial scripts would also be welcome...

Many thanks!

ChinaNick, Jun 18, 2005 IP
  2. BigEasy

BigEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like blog software

BigEasy, Jun 18, 2005 IP
  3. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Theres plenty of them around. Search for Flat file CMS, or flat file blog scripts. What you've described is a straight forward script, and can prolly be found at places like hotscripts dot com, or opensourcecms dot com.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Jun 18, 2005 IP