1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Script for auto-validating many pages

Discussion in 'PHP' started by miko67, Mar 31, 2005.

I need to have all my pages validated at w3, and I don't feel like clicking my way through each and every one of them every time I've made site wide changes.

If anyone in here knows of a good semi-automatic script to use, I would be thrilled.

miko67, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    In reality you need to do it one at a time because once you've addressed an issue on one page it should flow through to the others (assuming you are using modular type code).

And, sorry, I don't know any script.

Sarah

sarahk, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Are you on Unix or Windows?

If Unix, you should be able to download and install the W3 validator and create a wrapper script to run it against your entire web site.

The source code to the W3 validator is available at http://validator.w3.org/source/

Will.Spencer, Apr 1, 2005 IP
    miko67 likes this.
  4. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you got it down with unix Will - thx for helping out. Unfortunately I'm with windows. Still standing up on the edge looking longingly towards the linux world on the other side of the abyss :eek:

Otherwise it sounds like I'm in need of an example of a wrapper-script. I'd like to be able to make it myself, but in php (for me at least) it's look-copy-modify-then-learn :D

miko67, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Windows confuses me. <blush>

Will.Spencer, Apr 3, 2005 IP